What is everyone's view of Xerath? How viable is he in ranked play?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stratodadacaster

12-02-2011

In the right hands, unstoppable.

Rincent

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShreddinMMA View Post
Is he really?

I NEVER see any discussion of him on the forums.

The **** Tryn QQ takes up all the room.
theres a big difference between heroes like xerath and heroes like trynd. trynd just pubstomps the hell out of everyone. he's not only hard for most players to push out of lane, but also easily one of the strongest late gamers. he's basically a pain to deal with.

xerath on the other hand is straight up overpowered. lots of high elo games either ban him or pick him cause of how strong he is.

Lokiiiz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

He's good, but only late game imo. Early game, worthless.

N8dGR8

12-02-2011

He's extremely amazing and I recommend you master him. If you get all his range down by memory, and you can smart cast freely, then he's basically unstoppable.

Kandlez

12-02-2011

He's barely used at high elo either, I think the problem was his release date. No1 stramed while playing him, therefore none of the normal bandwagon players picked up on him. Honestly though, he is the best AP champion IMO. Long range and high burst....like I don't know how people do not see this as OP.

bluemind210

12-02-2011

The new Orianna.

Dmillz89

12-02-2011

If you master him he is extremely effective. A good team also makes him exponentially stronger. I feel that his damage is actually a little low but since it's basically all AOE it's hard to say.

Dr Plutonious

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rincent View Post
theres a big difference between heroes like xerath and heroes like trynd. trynd just pubstomps the hell out of everyone. he's not only hard for most players to push out of lane, but also easily one of the strongest late gamers. he's basically a pain to deal with.

xerath on the other hand is straight up overpowered. lots of high elo games either ban him or pick him cause of how strong he is.
Is he only viable in High ELO like some people are saying?

I need some new AP people to play. Malz doesn't fit the current game type as well as he used to. the only other caster I play well currently is Sion.

Quarzark

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokiiiz View Post
He's good, but only late game imo. Early game, worthless.
early game he just pushes the other carry out of the lane with W -> Q without any kind of punishment. and if he has a jungler that doesn't need blue, chances are he's going to be farming with impunity.

Dr Plutonious

12-02-2011

bump