Why does no one like Bot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

12-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necks View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K-ObN147AM
*remembers your anti-Urgot thread*

Hehehe

Llaine

12-03-2011

The biggest problem I have while playing bot is when my team decides to come "help" when there is important action going on up top. Come down and gank then go away. Screwing up my farm and losing the windmill in one swift action is frustrating.

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

12-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobocop View Post
Being solo bot is much less about walking around and last hitting than it is about pushing the **** out of the lane, smashing your face into your lane opponent, and killing the **** out of them if they make a mistake.

Then you take all their stuff and laugh maniacally in the fog of war near their bottom point and shoot lazorz from your hiding spot when they try to take it back.

After they send 3 people to take bot back from you, you either die like a crazy man stalling them as long as possible or return to base and buy stuff while they spend precious seconds retaking their bot.

If you want to mix it up, ask a teammate to come down and stick their ****s up your opponent's ass. Be careful, because the enemy might want to do the same to you.
I'm a Yorick Bot main, you just described my exact game! Especially the maniacal laugh

Airecaire

12-03-2011

I Wukong bottom alot, max e first instead, and 3 shot heimer with the E-Q combo. Usually around mid game, I'll switch off with someone else to go top, especially if the team needs Wukong's ult up top. I tend to score top 3, even if 80% of the time is spent at bottom lane.

OxBaker

12-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eface View Post
I'm a Yorick Bot main, you just described my exact game! Especially the maniacal laugh
I stopped playing Yorick just so I wouldn't always be expected to bot. To each their own I guess

PrometheanRage

12-03-2011

I hate last hitting. Fortunately bot has not a lot to do with last hitting.

Push hard, kill your opponent and make them send a gank squad to get you off their turret.

If there isn't any action down bot, you aren't doing it right!

mufins

12-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrometheanRage View Post
I hate last hitting. Fortunately bot has not a lot to do with last hitting.
I'm not so sure about that one. I'm noticing a trend where people are slowly understanding when and how to gank bot lane. Blindly pushing bot is just setting yourself up to get caught. Having an awareness on the locations of the other 4 players on their team is what should determine whether you push or freeze your lane.

Lameador

12-03-2011

I think bottom lane is fun if you have a team that understands that ganking bottom is a good move.

Breidr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Pancho View Post
of course... YOU decide how this 1v1 is gonna play out, you can be agressive, a pusher, or stalemating.. no one is arguing that, or the fact that bot is important.

however, for most of us, the constant skirmishes at windmill / northern jungle is simply more exciting.

I play bot when I really, really have to, and in most of my games, people are like "sooo.. whos bot? and then *crickets*

and that's at fairly high ELO.
That's exactly what I'm talking about. The thing that frustrates me the most is having strong bots on your team ASKING who is going bot. It seems like the last person to speak up gets pigeon-holed into doing it, you know, that whole group-think thing.

The minute someone says "Teemo Bot" (in this case it was a Yorick) The rest of the team blindly goes with it and if I refuse (using polite logic) they just rage... and that sets them up to be angry, lowering effectiveness and possibly losing games. I have no problem going bot, but I'd like to do something else every now and then.

It's starting to feel like work. My job gives me nothing but closing shifts, and it's starting to irritate me. This situation has produced some of the same feelings. And I'm not going back to SR, so I may just have to lay off the game if I can't figure something out (other than a 5-man team).