Why does no one like Bot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necks

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post

All of that said, Riot is apparently looking into a way to "fix" bottom lane, but I can't say I personally approve of this.

What they need to fix about bottom lane isn't the supposedly "stalemate farm fest" (which isn't true).

Riot needs to fix how heavily weighted bottom lane is. There is just too much value in the bottom lane tower that sometimes it feels like the actions going on at top are trivial, ultimately. A 1-man show is not healthy for the game.

The success of top/Windmill is almost dictated by the performance of bottom lane. That's too much power invested in one, isolated section of the map. That is something Riot can improve on.

This is what happens when you let bottom lane get out of control. It's ridiculous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K-ObN147AM

Zulgaines

12-02-2011

A good bot wins games, being forced to divert resources to your bottom lane to stop their hiemy or yorick push means top has the advantage.

IS1429332aa9b633

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Pancho View Post
theories?

you go bot, you don't kill as much. alot of people play dominion because they are tired of killing minions for 20 min. bot lane is the closest thing to that.

the end.
That's why I prefer Dominion over SR, I don't like last hitting (and I jungle in SR...).
But bot lane isn't really that. You have to push the lane, you only have to AoE spam the creeps and harass the enemy.
It's more a 1v1 with some creeps in the middle...

Oozra

12-02-2011

i like bein bot once in a while .

Just not all the time .

When im being forced to be bot all the time , it does get boring .

Sir Headless VII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

The fact that you will inevitably fall behind in score and gold doesn't help either.

Edit: to clarify its not that you are doing badly in bot its that you get more from killing 4 players (or just being around those fights) at the top than 1 killing player and minions at the bottom.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

Actually, that's incorrect. You can gain a significant gold advantage over other players in the game while still doing your job bot if you lasthit while pushing as hard as your champ can. One group of minions is worth 120g, which is more than a champion kill.

Pushing the minions hard into the enemy's bot point also denies your opponent the gold they would have earned if the minions die to the turret.

Seņor Pancho

12-02-2011

Quote:
But bot lane isn't really that. You have to push the lane, you only have to AoE spam the creeps and harass the enemy.
It's more a 1v1 with some creeps in the middle...
of course... YOU decide how this 1v1 is gonna play out, you can be agressive, a pusher, or stalemating.. no one is arguing that, or the fact that bot is important.

however, for most of us, the constant skirmishes at windmill / northern jungle is simply more exciting.

I play bot when I really, really have to, and in most of my games, people are like "sooo.. whos bot? and then *crickets*

and that's at fairly high ELO.

Phourc

12-03-2011

^ Yeep, that's how mine go.

I only play one or two good bottom champs, and I'd much rather grab the tank or bruiser role up top so we don't roll another 4 carry top team ):

Squidget

12-03-2011

It doesn't help that a lot of bot fights come down to the champions and not the players. It's very easy to get put in a situation where you can't win (and thus lose the game for your team) no matter how well you play, because you got counterpicked or whatever.

Yeah, you can get around that by running multiple bot-capable champs and switching, but it's tough to plan that out in solo queue. If they put someone bot who none of your champions can 1v1 against you pretty much lose the game for free.

Necks

12-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidget View Post
It doesn't help that a lot of bot fights come down to the champions and not the players. It's very easy to get put in a situation where you can't win (and thus lose the game for your team) no matter how well you play, because you got counterpicked or whatever.

Yeah, you can get around that by running multiple bot-capable champs and switching, but it's tough to plan that out in solo queue. If they put someone bot who none of your champions can 1v1 against you pretty much lose the game for free.
One way to sometimes alleviate this problem is to never announce to your team that you're going bottom, at the character select screen.

Example: You intend to go bottom and choose...say, Garen with promote. Your team types in chat "Garen you going bot?" Simply do not respond. Someone on your team may choose Ryze or some other potential bottom. This way, your teammate unknowingly acts as insurance that your bottom lane will succeed.

Instead of spending 5 minutes explaining that you might potentially need to switch with someone blah blah blah, just kindly be silent at the champ select screen. : )