Why does no one like Bot?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Breidr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

I've noticed this in almost all of my games. Even when we have 1-2 strong bot lane champions on our team, everybody always huddles top and argues over who to pushbot. I've pretty much stopped playing Teemo in favor of Yorick because of the lack of Bottom defense. Any one else experiencing this? Any theories?

IS1429332aa9b633

12-02-2011

I also started maining Yorick because of that.
People prefer big team fight. It's also painful when you see they don't their brain and die all the time by trying to take top when they could backdoor mid... And you can't really help by staying at bot, only by writing some stuff in the chat and pinging the map...

Maybe people think it's boring, but bot lane wins game...

Seņor Pancho

12-02-2011

theories?

you go bot, you don't kill as much. alot of people play dominion because they are tired of killing minions for 20 min. bot lane is the closest thing to that.

the end.

ChaoticHypnotic

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seņor Pancho View Post
theories?

you go bot, you don't kill as much. alot of people play dominion because they are tired of killing minions for 20 min. bot lane is the closest thing to that.

the end.
^ this

/thread

Nekrogen

12-02-2011

Being a bottom lane enthusiast, I can say that it's pretty far off from the 20 minute PvE action of farmers rift. Some people just don't realize that bottom lane is something that SHOULD be pushed, and you SHOULD be trying to kill their bottom laner whenever you get the chance, because if you do it doesn't just mean a few turret hits, it means a free point. The hate comes from the fact that someone takes a champion like teemo and tries to farm as usual.. then gets bent over backwards by a Ryze or Karthus and blames it on the fact that it's "just like summoners rift laning phase", but this just isn't true. I agree it's closer to the laning phase of farmers rift than top, but it's still way more enjoyable and action packed, even if you don't get as many kills.

All of that said, Riot is apparently looking into a way to "fix" bottom lane, but I can't say I personally approve of this.

Shaxtenn

12-02-2011

Go top - spend the game fighting, running around, doing exciting things.

Go bot - spend the game killing minions. Maybe the lane is ganked a couple of times.

It's an important lane. But ending the game with a score like 2/3/1 and half the points of the rest of your team is boring as sin.

Playing bot lane is the equivalent of playing no-farm support on SR. Some people like it - or at least they see the value in it being done well. Most people would rather play a carry and get kills and do the fun stuff instead.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

Being solo bot is much less about walking around and last hitting than it is about pushing the **** out of the lane, smashing your face into your lane opponent, and killing the **** out of them if they make a mistake.

Then you take all their stuff and laugh maniacally in the fog of war near their bottom point and shoot lazorz from your hiding spot when they try to take it back.

After they send 3 people to take bot back from you, you either die like a crazy man stalling them as long as possible or return to base and buy stuff while they spend precious seconds retaking their bot.

If you want to mix it up, ask a teammate to come down and stick their ****s up your opponent's ass. Be careful, because the enemy might want to do the same to you.

Dimwitt

12-02-2011

I dont mind bot, but i dont play bot like most people. I push lane then pressure enemy mid or hide in the jungle picking people off. Its just another way to bot lane that adds to the fun factor. You dont have to take their bot if you can deny them top / mid.

Sauron

12-02-2011

I love bottom lane in draft mode because I get to fight Nekrogen a lot. We're always theorycrafting new stuff to try to beat each other, but we never know for sure what champ the other person is going to pick at the start. I usually ban Ryze to be on the safe side.

So about that Jarvan build...

Nekrogen

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobocop View Post
Being solo bot is much less about walking around and last hitting than it is about pushing the **** out of the lane, smashing your face into your lane opponent, and killing the **** out of them if they make a mistake.

Then you take all their stuff and laugh maniacally in the fog of war near their bottom point and shoot lazorz from your hiding spot when they try to take it back.

After they send 3 people to take bot back from you, you either die like a crazy man stalling them as long as possible or return to base and buy stuff while they spend precious seconds retaking their bot.

If you want to mix it up, ask a teammate to come down and stick their ****s up your opponent's ass. Be careful, because the enemy might want to do the same to you.
This man gets it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
So about that Jarvan build...
Trinity Force is for the pure of heart.