Gangplank counters!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CarnavasNA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

Does anyone beat this lame champion on top lane? I need some serious counters. I'm sick of this champion winning his lane every single game. If you ever try to engage him 1v1, he holds the cards. He has his ult and his passive to ensure you don't escape if you aren't going to win the engagement, and his fruit is always on standby to remove the one trump card you think you have (exhaust, 2 second stun, etc).

Not to mention all it takes is a lucky parley crit during a fight and you might as well hand him the lane on a plate. Help me out here. Who beats Gangplank?

CamaHa

12-02-2011

get more def.. it should make it easier to deal with GP. also GP good at burst dmg so you might wanna try to punish him whenever he parleys you. If you're ranged then once he casts parley and starts to retreat do few basic attacks on him.
As to who beats GP... try udyr? he got better sustain, stun to scare GP, and shield to absorb parley.

Eninya

12-02-2011

Thornmail.
Works on his Parley, too, because it's an on-hit effect.

Also, any slows. GP doesn't do **** for DPS without meleeing.

McHue

12-02-2011

Volibear seems like a good counter, toss back>oranges. Just getting near gp is the problem :P .

Kuriby

12-02-2011

Basically you want any champion that can out damage him when exhanging blows.

1) Ezreal works pretty well if you don't get over aggressive, gp will hit you with his shot, but your (q) + auto atk + tele back will always out damage his one shot. If he continues the chase, you normally will have the advantage with exhaust/ignite as summoner spells.

2) Morgana, keeping him locked at ranged, if you (q) and pool he's a goner.

3) and my all time favourite, Riven. Valor blocks the shot's damage, stun him, and q combo+auto attack and his health is dented.

All above examples assume early or mid game. Late game GP becomes harder to counter due to possibility of a high crit. But seriously, why are you 1v1 late game? Play with the team =)

Axiaz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

Pantheon is probably the hardest counter to top lane GP. His passive completely nullifies Parrrley, and his shield bash will instantly block another auto attack.

Talon can also beat GP once he reaches level 6. His burst completely overwhelms GP's damage and heal. He does have a bit of a hard time pre-level 6 though.

I'm sure there are many more champions who can counter GP, but these 2 are the only ones I'm sure of. Though I expect that any champion with reliable burst damage should easily be able to beat him. Hope this helps.

Ow My Feels

12-02-2011

Take away his oranges so he won't be k.

Chevalle

12-02-2011

I have found the new Sivir to work well in solo top vs Gangplank. Her harass is far longer range than his, and her Spell Shield makes him bash face-on-keyboard when he tries to Parrrley.

Also, a lot of Mage-type champions will out solo-lane him, as well. I have found Galio, Orianna, and Vladimir to be successful in this.

Kalarepa

12-03-2011

I would say Pantheon. If you play it right, you should block every single parrrley. And GP without parley... nothing scary.

CarnavasNA

12-03-2011

Quote:
3) and my all time favourite, Riven. Valor blocks the shot's damage, stun him, and q combo+auto attack and his health is dented.
I sort of main Riven and every time I've picked her vs GP I haven't been able to win. It always seems that he survives on the tiniest sliver of health because of the oranges. He just always seems to win a 1v1 engagement because of his ult and his steroids can do their damage faster than my 'weaving auto attacks' combo.