Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Ban Yorick, Kassadin, Rammus. The holy trinity of bans.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hugs From Momma

12-03-2011

It's not BD Rammus that is overpowered, it's ganking Rammus that's overpowered. The moment you win top - Rammus is now headed bot to gank the **** out of the lane. He cant turn a 3 cap into a 4 cap like no other.

ChonieRanchito

12-03-2011

Quote:
Syl SGM:
(because I main Yorick...)

tryhard

MMKH

12-04-2011

I think the bans should really consist of the champs who are counters to the ones you or your team is going to play or main. Recently I ban Ryze, Skarner, and Volibear.

IS1429332aa9b633

12-04-2011

How does Volibear perform in Dominion?
As for Skarner, I can agree, I like to play him

A2ZOMG

12-04-2011

Anyone arguing Rammus isn't the best character in Dominion needs to stop.

Rammus does everything you need in Dominion and is the best at it in several cases.

He moves fast
He defends points extremely well
He can kill people really fast

His one disadvantage on SR is mostly removed in Dominion, which is the need to farm. The passive gold gain as well as the fact people start at level 3 is a huge advantage for him.

Have you ever seen a Rammus pentakill in Dominion? He literally can actually 1v5 an entire team that doesn't have true damage while sitting on a turret. He does actually have that much durability and damage.

And people still sleeping on Garen? That astounds me. I mean he only just has a lot of movespeed, good durability, and the best sustained physical damage in the game by pretty much a landslide. That isn't broken now is it?

I mean he's not Rammus broken, since you can kite him. But you need to defend a point against 3 people? Send Garen there with an infinity edge. Hit WE. Score a triple kill. If he gets fed, it doesn't even matter if you build armor once he gets Last Whisper and Infinity Edge. You're gonna die if he focusses you unless you're Rammus, in which case you get away with about half health.

IS1429332aa9b633

12-04-2011

I agree on Rammus, I disagree on Garen.
Even with IE, you can completely ignore him late game if you have some resistance (which you should have). His damage output late game is ridiculous, like in SR.
He's still useful because he has a silence and his ult, but that's it.

A2ZOMG

12-04-2011

Quote:
Syl SGM:
I agree on Rammus, I disagree on Garen.
Even with IE, you can completely ignore him late game if you have some resistance (which you should have). His damage output late game is ridiculous, like in SR.
He's still useful because he has a silence and his ult, but that's it.
You forget there is a 12% arpen aura on Dominion.

I don't have trouble killing people who stack armor against me in Dominion. With Last Whisper it hardly matters how much armor they build, since a full combo kills them anyway unless it's Rammus for the most part. If anything, I want people to be forced to build Thornmail/Frozen Heart against me. It means they are losing out on damage items they need to scare away other people, and Garen unlike say, Tryndamere actually doesn't care if you build Thornmail or Frozen Heart. He doesn't need to autoattack you to kill you.

The main thing Garen's ult is good for in Dominion is killstealing or executing tanks. And you actually want to killsteal given how well Garen scales with AD compared to everyone else.

Cherokeepimp

12-04-2011

The problem with Kass is his blink. The map is so small and has so many invisible places it's easy for him to blink around and cause you to lose target on him and be able to get away.

Alvinheimer

12-04-2011

Some of you are missing one very important point about banning Rammus. Rammus should be banned so your teammates don't play him and throw the game by attempting the backdoor strategy. That is my main reason for banning Rammus, very few people think he's overpowered for 1 main aspect, his speed, and won't actually play him to his full potential.

edit: as far as Kassadin goes, keep on banning him because if you build tanky i will just buy a DFG and 3 shot you anyway.

TheBlindPoet

12-04-2011

ban rammus precisely because of his rush potential. doesnt make him OP but he makes the first 5 minutes of the game pretty aggrivating