What I believe to be the best AD Ez build.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Soul Reaver

07-05-2010

I started playing Ezreal a month or two ago, and quickly he became my favorite Champ. At first I played him with an AP build, but soon I came to realize AD Ez is much better and also much more fun. For awhile i have been shaping a perfect build and finally I think I have found it. This build mainly utilizes Ezreal's carrying ability, to make him super effective early-mid game. Here it is...

Summoner Spells
Clarity
Flash

I choose clarity so Ez doesn't have to bother with getting mana items, then flash is going to be used to help Ez with a quick getaway, combining it with arcane shift causes you to move far enough to get away from almost anything.

Runes
Marks: All armor penetration
Seals: Flat health
Glyphs: Flat mana
Quintessences: Flat health

The Armor pen is to give some good early and tank killing damage. The seals and quintessences are to give some all-around survivability. The glyphs are for giving him enough mana so he will not need mana items.

Abilities
Trueshot Barrage: 1st priority
Mystic Shot: 2nd priority
Arcane Shift: 3rd priority
Essence Flux: 4th priority

Your Ulti will always be first priority. Mystic shot is going to be your main dmg output. Essence flux will be used mainly for its blink purposes, these include kiting, initiating, chasing, and retreating. Its dmg will be weak so that's why it is third priority. Essence flux will be used rarely, and only to boost ally attack speed. Anything else is a waste of mana.
In beginning game, utilize your high damage mystic shot to harass as much as possible. Also use arcane shift to sometimes line up a shot or get close enough to use more then one mystic shot. Finally use arcane barrage as a finisher or as a mid fight move if you are lined up correctly to give its full dmg to an enemy champ.

Items

Meki Pendant + 2 Health Potions
Boots--->Boots of Swiftness
The Brutalizer
Meki Pendant--->Nashor's Tooth
The Black Cleaver
The Brutalizer--->Youmuu's Ghostblade or The Bloodthirster
The Bloodthirster or The Brutalizer--->Youmuu's Ghostblade
The Black Cleaver or Last Whisper

So we start of with a Meki and two health pots, the Meki will give you some good mana regen for you to spam Mystic shot. Then I grab boots and usually upgrade them to swifteness ones right after, although it might not hurt to get a brutalizer first. The swift boots I get because it will help with kiting, chasing, and retreating.The brutalizer is to give you some early dmg and a quick cool-down reduction. Next I get nashor's to give a lot of attack speed, some AP to give your ulti and flux a little more juice, and even further cool-down reduction, bringing you up to 35% cool-down reduction around the time you are level 10. By now mystic shot will be shooting almost every second and arcane barrage will only take a minute to cd. After that you grab a cleaver to begin maxing out dmg output. Then, depending on the situation, you can grab either the ghostblade or thirster first. Both are going to give you damage, the thirster will give you more dmg and some lifesteal that can prove to be useful when dealing out mystic shot while ghostblade will max out your cool-down reduction, some extra armor-pen, and its activate ability. Finally you can get another cleaver or a whisper. Usually the cleaver is the way to go, since your focusing mainly on mystic shots dmg, not your auto-attack. But if your having a problem with tanks the boost in armor pen and the attack speed can prove to be extremely useful.

So far i have been doing excellent with this build, I get a positive KD most every time. Only going negative sometimes when I get a bad team. So tell me what you think, do you think it perfect like I do, or can something be tweaked?

Krazykow

07-05-2010

CD reduction is great and all, but i really don't think the Ghostblade is a good choice. You don't get the full use of its active, and crit doesn't help his Mystic shot at all. One of the key items in my ezreal build is a sheen which you have not mentioned anywhere in this.

Crazy Night

07-05-2010

My build is quite a bit different. I don't really see the point of having such short cd mystic shots, even with just a Youmuu's if I land the mystic shot it's cooled off in a second or less it seems. Attack speed is almost a wasted stat on Ezreal because it does nothing for his mystic shot, not to mention he already has a passive 75% attack speed.

I think putting effort towards building up flux/barrage/shift is worth less than just building up your mystic shot. Your mystic shot is your main form of DPS in team fights, 1v1, farming, and harassing. The more powerful it is the more scared that team is going to be afraid of you.

And that's why I always rush Sheen. I start with a mana crystal and 2x healing pots, I get a sheen and boots by about 10 minutes assuming I got no kills. At this point (around level 7-8) my mystic shots are already hitting for 250-300 damage because of sheen, taking off 1/4-1/3 health off enemies with every shot.

Every Ezreal I've played against that doesn't rush a Sheen is amazed at how effective my Sheen rush is and usually say they're going to build that way from now on. The earlier you get Sheen the more devastating it is, letting you quickly snowball (and you basically one shot caster minions with it at this point).

I also use mana regen seals and ditch the clarity. Ezreal doesn't need anything except Sheen for mana regen/mana. I run Flash/Ghost which makes it pretty much impossible to get ganked and gives insane mobility to get out of a sticky situation (double blink and ghost, you're gone).

After Sheen I get Swiftness, Youmuus, another Brutalizer (40 armor pen with these two items, count in runes 60-70, you're doing almost full damage even during late game), then depending on the game I usually get either a Trinity Force (natural buildup from Sheen) or a Bloodthirster. If there's a lot of tanks I get a bloodrazor sometimes.

Hope I didn't steal the fervor of your guide, was just trying to throw out some feedback on what I usually do and why I think it might be more effective than what you're currently using.

Quote:
CD reduction is great and all, but i really don't think the Ghostblade is a good choice. You don't get the full use of its active, and crit doesn't help his Mystic shot at all. One of the key items in my ezreal build is a sheen which you have not mentioned anywhere in this.
The Youmuu's helps a ton when you're either pushing a tower or both teams have committed to a fight and nobody is moving. It's also a natural buildup from a Brutalizer, and stacks with a Brutalizer, giving you massive passive armor penetration along with your runes. With both of these you don't even really need a Last Whisper or a Cleaver unless you're facing opponents that are stacking a lot of armor.

Pwnacus Maximus

07-05-2010

Please, I just don't get it. someone explain to me how AD ez is a viable alternative to AP ez, i just don't get the logic behind making 3 of your skills suck to make one decent when you can still make mystic shot rape face with a lichbane

Crazy Night

07-05-2010

Trueshot still does workable damage as AD, shift works as a good blink and mini nuke, flux is still an attack speed buff/debuff, and you build on your insane passive which AP fails to do.

AD has a better early game with a Sheen rush, farming much more quickly with much less mana dependency and doing more damage. AP only begins to really catch up when you get a Lich Bane late in the game. I've tried it, it's not bad but I feel it gimps my farming and overall dps too much during early game, which is where I begin to snowball as AD but I'm gimped as AP.

IndomitusRex

07-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnacus Maximus View Post
Please, I just don't get it. someone explain to me how AD ez is a viable alternative to AP ez, i just don't get the logic behind making 3 of your skills suck to make one decent when you can still make mystic shot rape face with a lichbane
While I've had some success with AP builds they do piss away Ezreal's passive, which is a shame, because it's a good one. AD Ezreal can lay a beat-down on towers and anyone who tries to stand toe-to-toe with him.

DayInTheSun

07-05-2010

What in God's name are Elven boots?

Also, flat mana is silly. Get mana regen per level.

The Soul Reaver

07-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayInTheSun View Post
What in God's name are Elven boots?
Lol sry, played a lot of dota, I just meant the boots with 3 movement speed.

The Soul Reaver

07-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Night View Post
Hope I didn't steal the fervor of your guide, was just trying to throw out some feedback on what I usually do and why I think it might be more effective than what you're currently using.
Lol, don't trip, It's not really a guide. I just wanted everyone to see my build, feedback is what I looking for.

DayInTheSun

07-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwnacus Maximus View Post
AD Ezreal can snowball a lot more effectively early-mid game while AP Ezreal can take some time to get going, especially with the nerfs to his ult and essence flux. AP Ezreal can't really do too much unless he starts reeling in the Mejai stacks, but I think he can carry a lot harder if his team can hold him up until then.

Basically, AD Ezreal helps get the team going a lot faster than an AP Ezreal can.