Best of the Best + Moar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FreestyleKneepad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

Giving this a shot, I've done fanfics before but not LoL fanfics, so be nice, I'm newish to this.

Idea comes from this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1520868

-----------------------------------

BEST OF THE BEST

Remus could hear the commotion from down the street, and as he walked towards the sparring grounds with his groceries he couldn't help but get excited. He'd heard about something like this happening, but had never seen it himself. His wife would understand if he came home a bit late- how often did he get the chance to watch champions of the League do battle outside the Fields? Even their sparring matches were spectacles in and of themselves.

His timing was impeccable to a fault- Remus arrived just in time to see the end, it seemed. A brass lamppost bashing into Wukong's face earned a collective wince from the gathering crowd, but something seemed... off. He couldn't really place it- he'd never seen Wukong in a battle before- but the monkey didn't seem that injured...

Moments later the monkey burst into smoke suddenly and dramatically, concealing him long enough to allow him to somehow spawn a pair of duplicates. The three brushed dirt off their ornate armor in unison, and Jax's grip on his lamppost visibly tightened as he threw forth a comment, causing the crowd to quiet down so everyone could hear. From the back of the crowd, Remus couldn't particularly see well, but he could hear just fine. "Too scared to fight like a man, monkey?" Jax remarked.

"You wish," Wukong retorted, bouncing on the balls of his feet with a playful smirk. Without warning he and his duplicates dashed forward in unison. "I'm making this fun!"

Jax sidestepped the first monkey's strike, replying with a rapid series of blows to his exposed solar plexus and the side of his face. He burst into smoke- clearly not the real thing- and the lamppost-wielding champion spun around, parrying two strikes at once with expert precision as if he'd known they were coming well in advance.

It was almost surprising how effortlessly the masked champion dealt with the two remaining Wukongs (Remus made a mental note to bet on Jax the next time his friends were in a gambling mood), and this time one of them didn't burst into smoke like the rest. Jax stood over his conquered foe as Wukong's staff was knocked away, pointing his lamppost at the monkey's face as if it was a greatsword.

"Concede, kid," Jax said with a bit of an arrogant tone to his words. His response a mere grimace, Wukong's staff sprung to life and flew at his foe's head without a word from its controller. It forced Jax to dodge, giving the monkey king time to scramble to his feet and recover his weapon. "In your dreams," Wukong shot back, his signature smirk once again plastered on his face.

The two stood still for a moment, staring each other down, the room thick with silent tension. Finally Jax broke the silence. "...Really, kid? You gonna keep doin' those magic tricks, or are we gonna fight?"

"Magic tricks?!" Wukong repeated incredulously, clearly taken aback by the comment. "My Wuju techniques are unmatched!"

"Right," Jax replied, nodding in an exaggerated fashion, "And next you'll say you can fly, too."

"Kind of."

"Really?"

"Floating cloud."

Jax sighed loudly, shaking his head with disappointment. "Why do you even bother, kid?"

"I'm gonna rise to the top!" Wukong shot back with a lone finger jabbed into the air. It was clear he practiced that a lot.

"And you're gonna do it being cheap like that?"

Wukong looked like he'd been slapped. "Cheap?!"

"Clones, clouds and living weapons? Don't tell me that's all a part of your fancy Wuju style too."

"It's not, but..."

"Geez, hasn't that Yi taught you anything?"

"Whaddya talkin' 'bout," Wukong retorted, pouting like an angry child. "Master says that because everything flows through everything else, it means everything is a weapon. Even the environment."

"Oh, sure, sure. Hey, you know what's a part of the environment?"

"What?"

"Lampposts."

"That- but you- ...why a lamppost, anyways?"

Jax shrugged, chuckling softly to himself. "Couldn't find a broom."

"Really?"

"Yeah, you should see what I can do with a gift-wrap tube. The ladies love it."

Wukong scratched his head. "So why do you use that garbage?"

"Makes things more fun," the masked champion replied with yet another shrug. "Hell if I know, I just like a challenge."

"But... why..."

"FOR THE LOVE OF RUNETERRA, SOMEBODY PUNCH SOMEONE!" The shout came from an impatient Remus, who had quickly grown tired of the exchange. If he wanted to see something calm and orderly, he'd go ogle- er, listen to the Maven of the Strings in concert. After an awkward silence he picked up his groceries and stormed off. Maybe next time he'd just bet on Tryndamere like everyone else did.

----------------------------------------

I had fun writing this, and I hope you have fun reading it. If this goes well I might do more of these in the future. =]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FreestyleKneepad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2011

Nother little thing I wrote. I'm not that great with many champs.

Miss Fortune: Uh oh. We're being summoned. It's that d*mned Freestyle kid again.

*The gathered champions sigh/groan loudly.*

Zilean: Perhaps he'll choose Olaf this time. He seems to do alright with you, my friend.

Olaf: Y'don't know th'half of it. He can't jungle t'save his life.

Fiddlesticks: Agreed.

*Everyone feels a chill run down their spine, except for Brand.*

Brand: At least he can use your skills well enough. I haven't died that much in awhile.

Singed: It's a shame, really. He seems to be quite fond of you and our good friend Sarah.

Miss Fortune: It'd be kind of cute if he could actually choose the right weapons for me.

Cho'Gath: I LOATHE HIS VERY BEING.

Zilean: Be realistic, it's not that bad. He tends feeds you well.

Cho'Gath: HE ALWAYS GRANTS ME PETTY JEWELRY AND MAGICAL TRINKETS. I REQUIRE DUCKETS.

Veigar: DO NOT MOCK THE JEWELRY, YOU OVERINDULGENT CRETIN!!

Zilean: Calm yourself, mage.

Olaf: He could always try t'jungle yeh again, beast.

*The group is overcome with laughter.*

Dr. Mundo: MUNDO COULD'VE SWORN WE AGREED TO NEVER DISCUSS JUNGLE CHO'GATH AGAIN. MUNDO FOUND IT ALMOST AS BAD AS JUNGLE RAMMUS.

Rammus: Yeah.

LeBlanc: He can't be that bad. Does he play you all constantly?

Miss Fortune: He just recently started summoning you, right?

LeBlanc: Yeah.

Miss Fortune: How many skins has he bought for you?

LeBlanc: Just one.

Miss Fortune: He'll forget about you in a week. Trust me.

Zilean: Our time is almost up. We must make a decision. Singed?

Singed: I have previously-planned appointments.

Zilean: Veigar?

Veigar: DO NOT CHAIN ME TO HIM! I WILL BUTCHER YOUR PEOPLE AND RAPE YOUR SOUL!!

Zilean: I'm going to ignore that. Olaf?

Olaf: Yeh're kiddin', right?

Zilean: Very well. We have no choice. ...Sona, you will fight in our stead.

Sona: ?!

Miss Fortune: Aw, you'll be fine, sugar, just make sure to wear that sexy black top. He loves that.

*Sona is summoned away to fight.*

Zilean: Any regrets?

Rammus: Nope.

Singed: Anyone wish to rediscuss the time he lost to Akali with her own counter-champion?

Lee Sin: Confucious say, "F*ck off".