MUNDO MUNDO: builds and strategies please.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noobs are uss

01-26-2012

I want to try to ladder climb with Dr mundo. Please comment on things I could do better or improve on. MASTERIES: 9-21-0. RUNES: flat armor marks mr over time glyphs HP regenerate seals and hit point quints. I get regenerate pendent and potion to start game go top and get my cleaver first. I then max my aoe fire due to its ability to out cs anyone. I then get merc treads spirit visage mogs FoN subdirectory cape and last a GA. I also get heal and ghost for summoned spells. Helpful comments are appriciated thank you.

Deliani

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noobs are uss View Post
subdirectory cape .
wat

tf2n00b

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2012

go to solomid.com and look up a guide written by this guy named dyrus

Noobs are uss

01-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliani View Post
wat
sunfire cape autocorrect :/

anu mara

01-27-2012

Tank/health items, some attack speed, and don't forget to use R+E in team fights.

Huntsvoski

01-27-2012

Go where you please, when you please

IncendiarySpade

01-27-2012

21-9 works so much better, think of yourself as a tanky dps rather than a tank, dorans shield, giants belt, MR boots, warmogs, fratmas, works really well, if you arent dishing out damage and soaking it up like a sponge you arent mundo. You WILL dominate toplane in the current meta, mundo destroys tanky dps and tanks with his cleaver, im 7-0 in gold elo with him since his current buff, so i've been using him to a good degree, The giants belt SHOULD be before boots, it gives you SOOO much sustain with your passive and ultimate, which can act as boots when you need them :P.
Also your best skill top is your Q max it first!

rusaerooster

01-27-2012

go 21-9 as you will be going very tanky so you can use the extra attack.
Your items depend on what the team comp is examples are pure ap champs= FoN or anything else with magic resist
Against a balanced team my build is the following
merc treads
warmogs
atmas impaler
spirit visage
Force of Nature
the last items can be whatever your team needs the most

For the skill build:
i max out cleavers by lvl 9
then max out machoism by lvl 13 as it is a huge atk dmg steroid (100 at max lvl i believe)
i max out burning agony last
and i max out my ult whenever possible

For summoner spells:
I use ghost and ignite/exhaust/teleport

Tips:
Start out with boots and pots or a dorans shield
Try to land your cleavers on champs with high hp as they do dmg based on health i believe
Beware of champs with ignite as that means your ultimate will not be used to full effect

Hope this build for mundo helps you. MUNDO MUNDO

MagicChicken

01-27-2012

9/21/0? Magic Pen?

If Mpen (I'm guessing, because you seem to favor agony), then swap out GA for a magic dmg attk item ... maybe Wits? maybe Ionion Spark?

If you're focusing more on tanking than doing damage, then you prolly need to get a Heart of gold early, and make that Omen your primary armor+HP item instead of sunfire (and maybe get a frozen mallet or something for HP)

You seem to be playing solo-top mundo? If so, maybe get armor + 5 pots instead of going HP-regen runes (this allows u to go arpen or mpen reds ... I'd also suggest Move Speed Quints)

BTW, mundo can jungle REALLY fast now, either with agony, or w/ maso. If you go with this strat, you definitely wanna move your runes around to fit which ever skill u use for jungling (attack speed for maso, mpen for agony)

My favorite mundo boots? While Mercs or Tabi make the most sense, I sometimes like to go with quickness, just to get that extra "catching" speed.

Find yourself completely neutered by ignite? It's time to figure out where to fit Quicksilver (it eliminates the heal-redux)

So heal as a sum spell? I mean maybe, if your team really needs it, but I'd suggest exhaust, ignite, or flash before that. Heck, I'd even suggest cleanse before heal (cleanse doesn't remove healing debuffs, unlike QSS, but it does remove the DoT from ignite, and is still useful for other CCs).

BTW, you should prolly be last hitting w/ attacks that are buffed by masochism, instead of using agony. Obviously, when you're trying to push a lane, who cares, but in "laning phase", then u gotta last hit so that you don't push your lane, get ganked by jungler, and die 10 steps away from your tower

----------------------
Me personally, I used to like magic damage mundo too, w/ agony and sunfire. But he may be better suited for AD Mundo now. Even when I went Magic Pen, Phantom Dancer was one of my favorite items to get. The Crits make his insanely high AD viable, and he's always been hungry for Attack speed and move speed. I don't play Mundo seriously right now, because even w/ the buffs, his ult is still completely neutered by healing redux (which is in every game thanks to ignite). I personally don't get why any ult can be countered so easily, but w/e. QSS's CD is not nearly low enough to make up for how often ignite is up (which doesn't even matter if a team has 2 ignites, or a hero w/ healing redux ... which is pretty often).

Anyways, it may be worth it to try some of the AD builds suggested by others. I bet Atmas + Mallet + PD + FoN + SV would be a killer combo. Its expensive though, and sadly, mundo wouldn't get too awesome until you had all of those.

7thcloud

01-28-2012

9/21 is the way to go, the cc reduction and cdr are too good to pass up (as well as the movement speed bonus). in addition, the armor/mr/health/health regen are all very nice. the 9 can be used in either the attack speed + armor pen or cdr + magic pen. both have their uses depending on what you want to focus on (cleavers vs masochism).

the only item you need for mundo is warmogs.

he can be built to do either magic or physical dmg, depending on what the team comp requires. the cleaver does percentage magic dmg while the masochism adds 100+ dmg to each attack. oddly enough, both require cdr to do more dmg. more cdr = more cleavers as well as having masochism up 247. some attack speed is also crucial (even with recent buffs).