What is with bad players playing ranked?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheProDH

12-02-2011

I know everyone has their bad games,but their is a difference between bad games and bad players.
Ex. Start of a ranked game someone calls that they play ad ranged and nothing else. If you play ranked you should be able to play any role imo.
Ex. I just carried a team as Cho. I was tanking and still went 17-3. We lost of course because our carries lost their lanes.
I just want decent players who use teamwork instead of it's a me show. I've had plenty of bad games, but i communicate and try to work with my team. I love playing ranked over normal because i'm working for a better elo and it is more satisfying, but it gets old having bad players auto locking twitch. Is anyone else having this problem?

Flagonslayer

12-02-2011

Brand new lvl 30 accounts start at 1300 Elo. Nothing stops them from doing this. How is it hard to understand that when skill isn't a requirement to level up that you end up with unskilled players at lvl 30?

d3m0nik21

12-02-2011

17-3 tank? I see your issue.

TheProDH

12-02-2011

I know that 1000-1300 elo has new players but i can't get out of that area because of new players who are just bad. rarely do i lose because we just get outplayed

Loctorak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2011

I have a pretty bad elo. I accept, however, that it was my lack of knowledge and ability at the time that is mainly responsible for that. I stopped after a few losses to go practice again for a few hundred games and even that bit of extra practice has opened my eyes so much to how big a noob I was before. I'm not pro now by any means but I'll never be as bad as I was before either.

Apologies to whoever copped me in ranked a few months ago. ^^

Chase211

12-03-2011

True story, don't feed the tank, feed the cary. Play more support.

AJStarhiker

12-03-2011

I've been at level 30 for a few months now and so far, I've played three ranked, all losses. I'm kind of glad they added draft to normal mode, since I can play something similar to ranked (picking champions based on team comp and opponent picks). Until then, I didn't realize just how important it is to be able to play a range of characters, not just my personal favorites. I have my good games, but most of the time, I'm at best mediocre, even with my favorites.

Result? I've pretty much abandoned ranked until I can play at least two champs for each role.