Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot, Promote is a problem.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lameador

12-01-2011

It occupies one summoner spell of many champs if they want to not give up bot, Make the game less dynamic because the one with promote has less incentive to go away from bot where his summoner spell will be worthless.

So it occupies a slot, reduce champ viability and makes the game less dynamic.

So plz get ride of it.

FDru

12-01-2011

Dumb and wrong.

Phourc

12-01-2011

No, the spells that are overused on dominion are exhaust and ghost... and ghost really only for rushing windmill in my experience.

Most games I'm in, 8-10 of the players have exhaust, THAT 'makes the game less dynamic,' as you said.

Promote and Garrison are good spells, taken by team oriented players that don't mind giving up the ability to 1v1 for the ability to help their team win a point. Think CV in Rift.

Lameador

12-01-2011

How its dumb and how is wrong?

Ghost is OVERUSED because tis a bad spell, Exhaust is overused because its a great spell.

Still it has nothing to do with that, Its not abuse power its about making dominion a WORSE GAME.

It's hilarious that you name CV in rift, since it's one of the main reasons I stopped playing SR.

Phourc

12-01-2011

Okay, then how is it making dominion worse exactly? If I'm reading that right you say it's too powerful?

And CV is hardly gamebreaking, yeah it's cooldown was stupid low but other than that it requires a lot of foreknowledge of where your enemy 'should be'.

Lameador

12-01-2011

CV at east was gamebreaking when I played it, it just destroy half of the traps, "they are waiting there or not? hey better cv!" Btw CV with old cooldown was pretty good in dominion, it may be pretty good now!. I dont know yet. But this is not about CV

In the first post it says how is making dominion worse, just reread it.

Nekrogen

12-01-2011

The fact that it makes MORE champions viable bottom is why it is a good spell. It's useful for pushing, it's useful in 1v1 situations where the minions are aggro'd by the enemy, its useful for capping a point faster, etc. I see no reason why it should be removed. A well spend slot IMO.

Also, promote the minion wave bottom, go top to assist. Problem?

FDru

12-01-2011

It's wrong because it's not needed to hold bot. Most good bot laners can do without it and against ANY AD bot laner or good pusher the super minion is going to be killed anyway.

It's not useless outside of bot because it helps neutralize a turret when you're trying to assault it.

These might not be your perceptions but your perceptions are wrong.

It's dumb because you say to get rid of it which is just stupid. And the way you said it is stupid. Stop being stupid.

Phourc

12-01-2011

Quote:
Lameador:
In the first post it says how is making dominion worse, just reread it.

-People who don't want to lose bot use it, which is true.

The extra creep with a player harassing you can move a lane massively against you. However, most champions with any farming ability (read: pretty much anything that ever goes bot) don't have much trouble focusing down a single supercreep, the spell is only good *if* the player plays intelligently and combos the added pushing with their own pushing + defends it from enemy attack.

-People who use promote have no incentive to leave bottom because promote isn't good outside of it ?

That's fairly wrong, the bottom player doesn't like to leave because they're solo defending. If they leave, the tower is lost.

Promote is fairly good outside of bottom, as well.

-Occupies a slot

Yes, it's a summoner spell. Moving along.

-Reduces champ viability

Wrong. Anyone can use it, and if anything it HELPS viability, allowing many champions to take the push/hold position in bottom lane.

-Makes the game less dynamic

Still not really sure how you mean.

So no, I don't feel it's making dominion worse nor do I feel you've made a case for such.

Arial

12-01-2011

Not sure why so many people take ghost. Exhaust self explanitory and often necessary.

I only run ghost on singed... otherwise exhaust/ignite since a lot of popular dominion champs build lifesteal/have sustain that can be annoying a la AD sion, Trynd, Xin, Volibear. Most teams with more ignites tend to win windmill too. Holding it is entirely different unfortunately