Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Dodge-Worthy Dominion Allies

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lameador

12-01-2011

Lord Macaroni

...oh wait, It was Champs?

UglyPete

12-01-2011

Quote:
The Wrongsword:
Yeah in the long run we are all dead, so what, this has nothing to do with anything.

I do agree about dodging bad team comps but the thing about playing with randoms is that player skill just makes so much more difference and you never know how that shakes out with people you dont know. The OP champs are the ones that can potentially be ridiculous in the hands of a good player but I've had absolutely god awful poppies, akalis, jax's, shacos and rammuses on my team in dominion and would much rather have someone play a worse champ they could actually play well.

I love it when the other team has someone like Miss Fortune or Vlad because they are often bad but then again I had a game the other day where their MF #1'd and went like 14-6 so you never really know. I've seen LeBlanc do well too but I think she is generally a bad pick too

It has everything to do with everything, and you even said it yourself. Any champ in the right hands can be game changers. My point was that unless you know the people you are playing with dodging champion selection because off a champion you believe is a bad pick could have cost a win.

RealWolf M

12-01-2011

Mundo, Vlad, Gragas, Ashe,

Its not that they can't do well, its that they usually don't

Hugs From Momma

12-01-2011

Quote:
UglyPete:
It has everything to do with everything, and you even said it yourself. Any champ in the right hands can be game changers. My point was that unless you know the people you are playing with dodging champion selection because off a champion you believe is a bad pick could have cost a win.

But when they choose 4 AD carries or 3 stealth champs, it's certainly worthwhile.

Individual champs that make me cringe: Morde, Gragas, Vlad, Mundo

Inkyjinx

12-01-2011

i can't say there's really any dodge worthy champs - i've seen 'bad' Dominion champs be very good in circumstances - ie: Vladimir or Mundo, for example.

some of the one mentioned like Malphite and Gragas can be very solid.

if you could dodge a player, that's one thing - but i've yet to see any champs that i consider dodge worthy.

what applies on SR does not always apply on Dominion. Eve, for example, is pretty good on Dominion but is horribly underpowered on SR.

Dimonoin

12-01-2011

Lol with the current queue times I play games even if my team has 4 clarity smite champions who use energy.

But really I dont see the reason for dodging at all, games are fast enough and you learn something every match (except those with leavers) and when you see unusual champs getting picked that shouldnt mean insta-dodge, what it truly means is you have an opportunity to see something you might not have seen before.

Remember when Eve was absolute trash in SR a few months ago? Picking her at all ment insta-dodges and everyone thought you were trolling and would probably report you. Then player SorakaBot came and started using Eve with Revive+Smite and carried himself to #1 spot in the EU ladders WITH THAT BUILD and then EVERYONE started using Revive+Smite Eve and she was so utterly brutally insane that Riot ended up having to NERF her to oblivion. All this on a champion that didnt get buffed or anything alike, simply a player came out with an ingenious new way to play the champ and boom he becomes OP as hell.

Same happened with Locket+SV Gragas and a LOT of other champions that were underused and often seen as troll picks/builds until someone came up with a way to play them that worked insanely.

Also Dominion right now is only Normal, not Ranked, there's no reason to tryhard "tier lists" and moreso because Dominion is STILL quite fresh and not everything has been figured out already, so by dodging you will never know if you are missing on the new awesome strat, build or playstyle or maybe its just another loss, but who cares? You are not losing any visible elo and its just 25 minutes at most and you will most certainly have learned something new from the match, good or bad.

Oozra

12-01-2011

sure some champs are not as good in dominion . but i ll be honest . i ve seen alot more mundo dominate than jax .

There s so many bad jax out there . People think that by picking an op champ they ll win .

most of the time , people picking mundo , morde , vlad etc , know what they are doing .

Madra

12-01-2011

I don't dodge but if I see someone pick Malphite I usually consider it a practice game to try something new in.

DG TheFeedski

Recruiter

12-01-2011

Quote:
dredzach:
I will list a couple so you have room to add to it:

Vladmir, Malphite

I HATE Vladimir on Dominion, but Malphite is actually pretty decent. Not dodge worthy in my opinion. I've seen kick ass Malphites.

lbgsloan

12-01-2011

I almost never dodge, I just troll back and take something I'd never normally use. That said, I'd draw the line if I saw something like Mundo, Morde, and Shen on my team in the selection screen.

People dodging Malphite is kind of head-scratching though. He's nowhere near the worst pick, nor is he even the worst tank. He's fairly average really.