weird lag help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wherearethestars

12-01-2011

Since the new patch I've been receiving lag spikes where the game around me continues normally, but my champion doesn't respond. I can't move or use abilities. This happens, as far as i can tell, randomly. Is this a problem with the client or just my internet? I would very much appreciate your help. Thank you!

Ediwir

Wrenchman

12-01-2011

something similar happened to me too last month, and to a friend who was using windows... i guess it's a server glitch or just a common problem. not much we can do in those cases

however, it happened just like once in months and months of play. if your issue appears more frequently, then it's probably a different thing. how many times did it happen?

wherearethestars

12-01-2011

hmmm... relatively often, i think once every 5 minutes or so. I'll play a normal game and get back to you. I found a forum thread here http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1488564&page=27 that seems to be very similar, or the same. It is making me lose games, though, and i've been afraid to play ranked.

wherearethestars

12-01-2011

it usually happens about 6 times in 40 minutes, but not necessarily regularly.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

12-01-2011

whoa. and you are still playing? i'd have tried to reinstall already.

in fact, reinstall for now, and i'll talk with the others about this.

Cpt Shiba

12-02-2011

can you please state what you mean by lag spikes? like is it where your fps lag drops down to 0-10/game freezes or is it the kind of lag where your ping skyrockets, you dc, you can type but cant move, u can see whats happening but you cant move, and/or minions get stuck on the map after u dc and then reconncet?

wherearethestars

12-02-2011

I'll try reinstalling, yeah, i've mostly stopped playing ranked, now just normal. If you read my original post, i though i did explain, but i'll be more clear. The game doesn't freeze, nothing gets stuck, but my character doesn't move or use abilities. It usually lasts about 10 seconds. Sometimes I can type, but it usually doesn't show in the chat box until i regain control over my character, though more rarely it does. It never disconnects me from the game.

wherearethestars

12-02-2011

Also, my fps and latency show no changes.