Flash Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emeraldw

12-01-2011

After a lot more practice with the new flash, I am not sure its such a vital spell. Now for some, like Galio and Morg, It is most certainly useful for them.

But the loss of that 50 range is really noticeable. I have seen someone flash out of a gank only to be exhausted and killed. You really need to use it before something happens.

But the need for it just doesn't feel like its there. I feel like I can get away going support with CV and Heal. I don't need Flash. Ghost certainly springs to mind for certain survivable champs and I don't want to discount the extra damage surge could do for some auto attackers.

Do you feel like you must take flash anymore?

Haen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

Personally, I find that I really enjoy having an escape and while flash certainly has a higher skill cap now, its still a strong spell. You just have to be much more wary of your position as well as what your enemy can do. And like you said, you need to use it before its too late.

Its certainly not necessary anymore, but I still feel its a strong spell.

MauJustice

12-01-2011

I can't believe I still see people flashing into walls on a daily basis. It's been like a month since they changed it.

Hidden Sniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

I can't wait till they finally remove it. It's a temporary aid to the cancer of lol that is flash. It limits Riot from making neat changes if anything.

18X Jake

12-01-2011

Flash is still ok but with the cooldown increase one really just needs to consider wether to use it offensively or defensively. Against a ranged champion or while slowed it doesnt really make a difference though, you're gonna die.

Emeraldw

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauJustice View Post
I can't believe I still see people flashing into walls on a daily basis. It's been like a month since they changed it.
That loss of 50 range is pretty large.

ANDERAX

12-01-2011

The use of flash for defensive and offensive reasons for me depends on the time of the game and my team composition and enemy composition. For me I would only use flash offensively early game if I am 90% sure I can get first blood in lane or a quick gank out of jungle to finish a kill(mainly with Shaco,Lee Sin, or Skarner for me) that grants me a kill for some extra gold(Refrencing before jungle remake). Late game I mainly save my flash for defensive purposes just in case I do something stupid or end up with bad team positioning entering a team fight. I say this because if you think about it if you are 40+ mins. in and the enemy team kills you then it will be a 4v5, resulting them taking Baron and have map control.(Depends on warding,lane push,and towers.) Then they would push towers down and inhibs resulting in a hole for your team to climb out of that might not be easy to do.