Why do people hate Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oozra View Post
i know right ...

or worse , they get eaten by cho ...
EXACTLY.

Totally uncalled for.

KrYoS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

I think a big problem is that people come over, play a game or 2, don't do well because it plays completely different than classic, then quit and say it sucks. After 275 or so games, I can definitely say there is a lot more going on with Dominion than many people think. It's actually quite deep and challenging if you really get in to it. Not everyone will like the frantic, non-stop fighting, but I really can't get enough.

Meserion

12-01-2011

ppl hate dominion right now because it has major lag freezes for us and is nigh unplayable at times

brainlizard

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimalHatred View Post
Because it's a different type of strategy than they're used to, so they think it doesn't have any strategy. Same thing as during DotA's early days, when snobby War3 players would say, "How could it take any skill? You only control one unit!"

That and SR is essentially a passive farm map. Even if you're pretty bad at combat, if you can safely farm your lane for 20 minutes, you can win a fair portion of your games. Dominion is a combat map, if you aren't good at judging lots of small scale fights, you're going to get murdered on it. The people that think they're good because they can camp on a Ward and Philo Stone have to wake up to the reality that they have a lot to learn. And if there's anything players in this genre hate, it's admitting that they're not good.
Holy ****! Well said!!

Succubus69

12-01-2011

Anyone has the same probleme like me?In dominion map,my cursor disapear.Please help me.That's why i hate it.

brainlizard

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean God View Post
I don't play Dominion because it has very little depth, little you do effects the outcome of games, in no way is it an indicator of skill, obvious champion imbalances, the MM system is much more awful there. It's fun to play every now and then as a time waster, but running around like a chicken with your head off playing an OP champ isn't very fun for me. Theres no thought process when you play dominion. Just run out and herp derp do whatever you want and still get points somehow.
So very wrong. Good players win consistently until they hit their elo much moreso than in SR. A strong player is a huge asset to a team, can get fed, and can carry.

Coordination is essential in Dom. Play against good players and you'll see: herp-derping equals instant loss.

Oh, and the list of viable Dom champs is very long, possibly even longer than SR. The only problem champs are Rammus, Yorick and Poppy.

Argodis

12-01-2011

First impressions are everything and early on Dominion left a bad first impression on everyone. Everyone expected the new game mode to be chaotic but not that chaotic. It has been refined since then but many people still have in their mind that it's still the same mindless game.

This doesn't help by the fact that it is noticeably harder to carry on Dominion than SR.

Doflamingo51

12-01-2011

I don't hate it...I just really wish Riot would have put it on a different server so they could balance the game without screwing up balance on SR.

Miralya

12-01-2011

My personal reason for liking SR so much more than dominion is simply that the game is balanced, for obvious reasons, around classic. Dominion tends to have a certain subset of champs that are balanced on SR but straight up ridiculous on dominion. I find the resulting game to be more a contest of who picked the most OP champs than it is about who can coordinate a team, or fight in a strategic way.

Just my two cents.

Airecair

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miralya View Post
My personal reason for liking SR so much more than dominion is simply that the game is balanced, for obvious reasons, around classic. Dominion tends to have a certain subset of champs that are balanced on SR but straight up ridiculous on dominion. I find the resulting game to be more a contest of who picked the most OP champs than it is about who can coordinate a team, or fight in a strategic way.

Just my two cents.
Here's the thing, play draft mode in Dominion, and you can typically ban most of the Dominion OP champs, and you can counter pick as well, which makes for a lot more balanced game. It's not different than banning OP champs in draft SR, it's just that the champs that are OP in each mode are different. With 6 bans now, it's pretty easy to get rid of most of the annoying ones.