Why do people hate Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Séaringarrow

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masaba View Post
Champs like Rammus are so insanely broken on dominion that it makes it really dumb. Also, there is basically no teamwork (at least in the games I have been in).
A team of players who are good at it will use a tremendous amount of teamwork. But theres alot of baddies out there in random queue and alot of people gave up on Dominion too fast imo and didn't quite give it a chance. But there is alot of strategy and you have to be good at analyzing and judging small fights. You have to know how to cycle capture points. I myself am pretty good at dominion. I get first place in most of my games and I absolutely love dominion. I think people just turn it down because its so different than what they are used to. People often fear change and some can't adapt as well as others to it so they shun it.

Edit: Also yes, rammus is pretty OP in dominion lol. But I'd imagine it would be hard to balance champions for two completely different game modes and still have them be balaned on both.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masaba View Post
Champs like Rammus are so insanely broken on dominion that it makes it really dumb. Also, there is basically no teamwork (at least in the games I have been in).
Only in tragically low-level games.

On topic, most idiots and trolls who hate it do so because they played 10 games or fewer, didn't know what they were doing, didn't like that they didn't know what they were doing, got mad, and left. They then come to the forums and cry that Dominion is unbalanced, requires no skill, is boring, etc. After that, they go back to SR to show off their amazing PvP skills by last hitting minions for 15 minutes or more.

Most intelligent people who dislike Dominion do so because they came here for SR, enjoy SR, and have spent years perfecting their play on SR. They don't play Dominion because it is a completely different game. Frankly, I don't blame them.

Skardex

12-01-2011

they prefer a more slower paced game than dominion. dominion is for adrenaline junkies

Tenant

Friend of Urf

12-01-2011

Plenty of people like Dominion, so it's nothing to worry about.

It's just General Discussion that doesn't like it most of the time. They hate everything.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenant View Post
It's just General Discussion that doesn't like it most of the time. They hate everything.
Also, there's that.

Masaba

12-01-2011

I don't think people 'hate' Dominion (at least not most people). People just really like Summoner's Rift, and don't bother with Dominion.

I played about 3 games of Dominion when it first came out, did pretty well (went 3/0). But at that point, no one knew how to play it and I was just basically winning one v one fights with no strat at all.

I came back to Dominion yesterday, and I gotta' say, it was pretty fun. However, I absolutely suck at it now because I really don't get the strategy and I am being paired with people who have hundreds of games under their belts. I can usually go 1/0 at the beginning of the game, but then I start to lose just because other people know the tricks that I don't. For instance, I've realized that the minions hit a lot harder on dominion, which is something that got me killed a lot in my first two games back. It seems pretty fun.

mufins

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean God View Post
Last hitting pays off eventually, theres no feeling of reward in dominion at all.
feelings of reward were not what was being argued.

Oozra

12-01-2011

there s many things i love about dominion . since it s out , that s pretty much what i ve played the most .

Dominion is nice to teach you when to fight or when to run . It help you understand the champ you play alot more than SR . I usually main kog . And since i play dominion , i ve learned alot more about positionning and such than in SR .

Dominion is action packed and it s REALLY fast . Your not stuck 40 minutes in a game cause people don t want to surrender even if ur in a 4vs5 and the other team is fed . Dominion , when your facing a 4vs5 , you can still have nice fights here and there and the game will last about 20 minutes instead of 40 .

I m not saying SR is bad . Both modes are simply different . Some prefer SR , other dominion . It s all a matter of taste .

The one thing i don t understand is why there is so much hate against dominion and why people feel the need to come and create 20 billions thread about how dominion suck compared to SR and such . I mean , you don t like dominion , i get it , it s your opinion and i respect it . But for the love of all the gods of chaos , stop coming in the dominion section and blast and QQ and create threads about how you hate it .

What ? Some people needs so much attention that they have to go QQ in a completely different section of the forum and try and show that THEY are the shiznit ?

Anyway , to make this short , dominion is nice , it s different but it s not the replacement for SR .

ActionButlerGO

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean God View Post
Last hitting pays off eventually, theres no feeling of reward in dominion at all.
Except for that whole Victory! thing that happens in the end if you win. That bit makes me feel pretty rewarded.

More so than beating up on a bunch of poor minions, anyway. After all, what did they ever do to you? They're just out there, taking a walk in an oddly straight line, when all of a sudden, BAM!!!!, murdered by some deranged little girl and her flaming demon bear.

That's just plain **** rude, if you ask me...

Oozra

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionButlerGO View Post
Except for that whole Victory! thing that happens in the end if you win. That bit makes me feel pretty rewarded.

More so than beating up on a bunch of poor minions, anyway. After all, what did they ever do to you? They're just out there, talking a walk in an oddly straight line, when all of a sudden, BAM!!!!, murdered by some deranged little girl and her flaming demon bear.

That's just plain **** rude, if you ask me...
i know right ...

or worse , they get eaten by cho ...