Macbook going on standby after 20 min ish of LoL

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valcyclovir

12-01-2011

I have been getting this problem ever since I installed Bootcamp to run LoL on it.

Here is the spec of my mac : http://support.apple.com/kb/sp512 (with 4 gb ram)

I tried using SMC fan control on my mac, then restarting into win xp pro 64x. I could hear my computer running like a crazed up engine, but it would still overheat and go into standby mode after 20 minutes ish of gameplay on SR. After logging back, 1 minute later, my computer would totally shut down. After restarting my computer, this would not happen again.

Besides SMC, I elevate my computer and I keep it plugged at all times. My FPS is about 35 and I use a wireless network to connect.

Is there anything else I can do ? I really hope a mac version gets developed for this awesome game.

Thanks.

Ediwir

Wrenchman

12-01-2011

uhm... do you have this problem with our Mac OS client too, or just with the Bootcamp'd Riot Client?

Yatteri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-01-2011

I had this issue as well only when i was in my windows bootcamp partition.

I fixed it by opening the bottom of my macbook pro, taking the panel off and cleaning out my fans. A LOT of dust had collected in there and it was inhibiting my computers ability to perform properly while in windows... I too used the fan control application and it didn't fix it.

Clean out those fans first with q tips to catch the chunks and then possibly with some form of suction to get the small stuff

Moondiviner

12-03-2011

I didn't read any of the previous posts yet but the first thing that comes to my mind is that the Mac side is set to go on standby via Power Saver options in System Preferences after 20 minutes.. ? I had a similar issue with another game but I'm not sure if it's the same issue.

Of course, I don't believe this would explain the shutdown..