How to Defend: A Dominion Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dremare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx of Darkness View Post
Works pretty well with Blitzcrank as well, who I main as a Tank in Dominion. I also like Maokai, he defends like a boss.
I'll look into Blitz; I haven't tried him as a tank yet.

Dremare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-18-2011

Alistar, Kassadin, Ryze information added.

I don't really have any experience with Kassadin, just that of which I've seen other people do. Some advice/corrections for... actually all of the champion information would be nice.

Ascleph

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremare View Post
Leona- Also a great tank. Though she lacks pushing power, her stunlock will decimate any unfortunate capper who decides to go for your point. She has multiple AoE interrupts, and though her damage output is lackluster, that's not really what you're looking for in a Tank. She is one of the stronger early game picks; the utility she provides is invaluable in the initial fight at top. Her cooldowns are on the long-ish side but Lucidity boots will fix that.
I have to clarify a few things as a Leona player:
- Her pushing power stops being lackluster before midgame even starts. Q, W and E can clear a wave just fine, hell even R which is on a extremely low cd if you are that desperate, specially if you are not building her pure tank, which you shouldnt.
- Her dmg is not high, but if build right she can 1 on 1(Even 1 on 2/3, under a tower) anyone and either make them run when they realize they'll die or kill them if they decide to stay.
- Her cds are not bad at all, a CDR capped build can turn you into a scary stun bot that flies through the battlefield with her E.

Masteries/runes + FH + Kindlegem is all she needs to be CDR capped and actually gets defense from that too + she is naturally tanky. After that you can build offense(Lichbane or TF) or take advantage of defensive items that give you offensive stats too, like Abyssal Scepter, Atma's, Thornmail, etc.
Leona in dominion is not like in SR, if your dmg is lackluster thats because you are building her wrong.

Dremare

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascleph View Post
I have to clarify a few things as a Leona player:
- Her pushing power stops being lackluster before midgame even starts. Q, W and E can clear a wave just fine, hell even R which is on a extremely low cd if you are that desperate, specially if you are not building her pure tank, which you shouldnt.
- Her dmg is not high, but if build right she can 1 on 1(Even 1 on 2/3, under a tower) anyone and either make them run when they realize they'll die or kill them if they decide to stay.
- Her cds are not bad at all, a CDR capped build can turn you into a scary stun bot that flies through the battlefield with her E.

Masteries/runes + FH + Kindlegem is all she needs to be CDR capped and actually gets defense from that too + she is naturally tanky. After that you can build offense(Lichbane or TF) or take advantage of defensive items that give you offensive stats too, like Abyssal Scepter, Atma's, Thornmail, etc.
Leona in dominion is not like in SR, if your dmg is lackluster thats because you are building her wrong.
Thank you for the feedback! Usually my builds focus on becoming immortal, but I see where you're coming from. You're build sounds much more effective; I'll look into Atma's and Abyssal Scepter. Would you mind if I added this into the main post?

Ascleph

12-18-2011

Go ahead, Atma's was just an example though, since she gets a lot more from AP items(LB + Abyssal), but I've built it as a last item a few times.

zubey

12-19-2011

Singed's poison interrupts, doesn't it?

ChaoticHypnotic

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dremare View Post
1. Ability to stop multiple captures.
This is why Singed is not the best pick for defense. He cannot stop multiple captures at the same time, he must run around to autoattack each champion in order to stop their capture. This may not sound like that big of an issue, but in actuality a well-coordinated team will know to cycle their captures to completely negate your pitiful attempts
Uhh...

Any champion can stop multiple captures. Just click on the tower instead of the enemies.

Hobocop

12-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by zubey View Post
Singed's poison interrupts, doesn't it?
It only interrupts on application, not while ticking, which means he basically needs to run up and punch everyone individually anyway.

And you can't interrupt multiple captures by channelling on the point if you already own it.