How to Defend: A Dominion Guide

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damascius

12-09-2011

I wish people would read this guide before playing dominion. So true about Maokai. I remember one game I was defending bottom lane for 13 minutes straight. Only going back for some equips when I had 3000gold and I had Garrison as well. I wish more people would stop treating it as PvP and ignore their minions and the fact you need to defend sometimes. Dremare I sent you a friend request. I would like to play with more players who use their head.

Alvinheimer

12-09-2011

I nominate Kassadin to be put on this list. He is extremely mobile, which you said yourself is very important. 2 Aoe abilities means he is able to stop multiple captures, not to mention he can hide in fog of war and bait foolish solo cappers.

The secret to Kassadins tower defense is correct positioning, you have to blink as effectively as possible while slowing and interrupting cap before they murder you. It takes a bit of getting used to but kiting around the tower is very affective means of defense.

edit: oh yeah forgot to say good post!

Dremare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvinheimer View Post
I nominate Kassadin to be put on this list. He is extremely mobile, which you said yourself is very important. 2 Aoe abilities means he is able to stop multiple captures, not to mention he can hide in fog of war and bait foolish solo cappers.

The secret to Kassadins tower defense is correct positioning, you have to blink as effectively as possible while slowing and interrupting cap before they murder you. It takes a bit of getting used to but kiting around the tower is very affective means of defense.

I'll investigate it; it seems like he'd be able to clear minion waves extremely well in addition to the points you raise.

ZedPower

12-09-2011

That guide is looking pretty accurate to me; good work, and keep preaching the Shen gospel. I've been rocking an almost pure AP build myself, relying on Feint for survivability, and I usually do quite well despite the occasional rough early game. No one expects to get murdered by Vorpal Blade.

In terms of suggestions, you gotta look at a tanky Karma. She can obliterate any amount of minions in seconds at any stage of the game, and her nuke shield is ridiculously good when defending a turret against even multiple champs. Catalyst, Ionian Boots, Rod of Ages, Frozen Heart, Abyssal Scepter, throw in Quicksilver Sash somewhere in there if you worry about CC (though I usually run Cleanse/Garrison so it's situational). It's silly how much punishment she can take, and even with only RoA and AS I routinely do more total damage than anyone else on either team.

Dremare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedPower View Post
That guide is looking pretty accurate to me; good work, and keep preaching the Shen gospel. I've been rocking an almost pure AP build myself, relying on Feint for survivability, and I usually do quite well despite the occasional rough early game. No one expects to get murdered by Vorpal Blade.

In terms of suggestions, you gotta look at a tanky Karma. She can obliterate any amount of minions in seconds at any stage of the game, and her nuke shield is ridiculously good when defending a turret against even multiple champs. Catalyst, Ionian Boots, Rod of Ages, Frozen Heart, Abyssal Scepter, throw in Quicksilver Sash somewhere in there if you worry about CC (though I usually run Cleanse/Garrison so it's situational). It's silly how much punishment she can take, and even with only RoA and AS I routinely do more total damage than anyone else on either team.
I've actually never tried out AP Shen yet :P. He's still a very good tank on Dominion; I'll have to do some experimentation.

And yes, Karma will rape with just a RoA and tanky items. She's another champ I'm looking into; the necessity for mantra to do consistent interrupts is what makes me tentative.

AsteriskCGY

12-09-2011

I'd like a reason to break galio back out.

AsteriskCGY

12-09-2011

Well galio works alright. I can camp and snare under a tower, long range pokes with Q and E, sustain with W and R n stuff for stuff. Now deciding if I want elightnement and buy one less CDR item or forgo it and always get shroud+kindgem thing.

TokinPrez

12-09-2011

Nice guide Dremare, after playing with you from the dominate dominion channel I have seen the power of Malphite. ^^

AsteriskCGY

12-09-2011

Well Galio is pretty boss here. In a sense like Maokai in terms of AOE stoppage and self regen. Order is Chalice>Merc>Visage>Armor/MR/Health. With W can just sit like a boss.

Clutch Gatorade

The Council

12-10-2011

Holy ****, please don't promote the use of Shen in Dominion.

EDIT: ^That word began with a C not an S!