A Very Common Tactical Mistake

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nunkuruji

01-04-2012

In general, I agree, but there is a large exception

If your team is healthy,

Someone grabs storm shield, and then pops into the brush
Someone pushes the minion wave a bit, and then pops into the brush

And the BIG IF: If you have a combination of good trappers: Teemo, Shaco, etc.
as well as a reasonable/classic CC tank

You watch them run through the speed buff, and right into your trap.
Crush them, then have a good shot at capping their mid.

This qualifies into the "advantageous area" category. Probably can't get away with it in Draft since several of the enablers are often banned. Have had it work several times in Blind. Higher ELO may be more cautious about streaming into that jungle zone - regardless, the traps at least will buy time.

Laker

01-04-2012

Under certain circumstances, it's okay to be there. For one, most or all have to be dead. Pushing the creep waves when you control the windmill is never a bad idea (it forces 1 or 2 of your enemies to clear the pile up), but it shouldn't be a priority. Hell, you can even go down and neutralize their mid. I've played enough games to know that every tick and every stall counts, but it's about knowing when to make those risky moves.

larkhill

01-04-2012

i completely agree. if u hold those 3, theres no reason to pressure their mid. u pressure their bot instead.

cerealsmok3r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2012

meh with half the amount of people playing dominion being complete noobs i dont think there is much to fear but then again i only play normal dominion

Nunkuruji

01-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
i completely agree. if u hold those 3, theres no reason to pressure their mid. u pressure their bot instead.
That's incredibly risky as well. If you divert more than 1 person help push bot, you leave windmill too weak against a group push.

The (non-trap team) play to make would be perhaps to have 3 at the highlighted "danger" zone threatening their mid cautiously, and 2 threatening bot, attempting to bait them into committing the whole team to bot or top on respawn. If they make such a mistake, your team kite/retreats back from the grouped force - certainly have vision to see it coming when they exit the spawn ramp - don't linger, while the other group snakes their bot or mid.

iamtehLoLrus

01-05-2012

There are several reasons to be in that area if you hold 3 turrets.

1) They are overloading bottom - You are not at risk.
2) You have just scored multiple kills on the enemy team - They are down and applying pressure to their mid will delay any pressure they can put on windmill
3) Your team is camping their top speed shrine - If they try to gank you your team can counter gank. Since your team is camping the speed shrine your team should have a large tactical advantage.
4) You are an evasive hero that can get back to your point - put pressure on the lane and escape with ease
5) You have shaco/maokai/teemo/nidalee/caitlyn "ward" coverage in the area of their speed shrine - any attempted gank will be spoted with ease letting you retreat safely.