Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Question for Talon players

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KevenMee

11-30-2011

I've been playing Talon recently, and he's pretty awesome.

I still feel that he's SUPER squishy and even if I'm doing pretty well - if the other team focus me in team fights (even if they've been feeding all game), I still die super easily.

Is there any tactics (for staying alive longer/etc) or maybe some items that I should buy?

For most games, I'll either start with a doran's blade/boots (depending on the other team's comp).
I'll get a brutalizer generally and then BF sword/Vamp Scepter for BT usually.
My build generally consists of:
-Boots (Either Merc Treads/Boots of Mobility)
-BT
-Youmuu
-IE
-Trinity

Most of my games will end before this but if not, I'd probably go for another BT or something

Pharaøh

11-30-2011

When do u go into teamfights? a good talon (in my opinion) will go in after the aoe and heavy cc goes down. this was he doesn't eat burst to the face and can still disintegrate carries. also, use ur ult to execute / leave the fight. talon doesn't have any moves / jumps that get him out (unless there are runners) so ulting away is good :3

KevenMee

11-30-2011

I try to go in a little late but not too late or else my team will be effectively fighting a 5 v 4.
I usually use my ult in the beginning to get on the squishies (especially if they're bunched together).

I absolutely rape AP carries (most of them - except maybe like sion or kass) with my ult/silence/rake.
But that also generally leaves me in the middle of their team and I get raped.

Is it ever worth it to trade 1 v 1 (esp pretty early)?
Unless the other team wasn't very good and we were just fighting skirmishes - I've never been in a pretty long team fight as Talon.

Sizmic

Recruiter

11-30-2011

Talon is a major hit and run kind of champion. He is by far my favorite champion. First of all in build you want to be heavy AD because you are a hit and run you dont' want attack speed as your damage comes from your abilities, that scale solely off of AD.

That being the case you need some movement speed so after your ult you can get out of the area. Once your free of the big fight you wait for cd's and pick a target you can kill, or close too it, than get away again. I suggest trinity force as you get movement speed, health, some ad, and crit. the ap is wasted but the shen effect is worth the waste.

Toxsihk

11-30-2011

Don't ult in, wait for the burst, activate Q, E to get in the fight, then W, get some attacks in, when they turn on to you blow your ult and try to find a squishy that's positioned themselves a lil to far away from their teammates by this time if u have good cd reduction most of ur combo should be coming off cd. E in and ur Ult blades will get the damage increase from ur E as well as ur Q if u activate it before Eing in, W should mean death to the squishy if their not dead before that. If uve done it right u should have bursted two of their squishy carries meaning that they couldn't contribute to much to the teamgfight and gotten out of the fight if it went bad for ur team or can now Chase down the rest. Normally ill get a QSS or bviel for this to work in case someone on the enemy team has a reputable stun like an udyr. Even if they dropped most of their burst you don't want to be incapacitated in the middle of a teamfight

Nishaven90

11-30-2011

My build for Talon:

1 - Ionian Boots/Boots of Swiftness
2 - Youmous Ghostblade
3 - Bloodthirster
4 - Trinity Force
5 - Last Whisper
6 - Either Banshees or another armour penetration item e.g. Starks Fervor, Wriggles
Summoner Spells: Ignite/Exhaust, Flash

In conclusion, damage>survivability. The whole point with Talon is to not get caught.

Skill order of importance - W,E,Q taking R when possible.

Combos
1 - E,W,R,Q (Maximum Damage, ganking)
2 - R,E,W,Q (Retreating opponents)
3 - W,E,Q,R (Face to face attack, and quick escape)

KevenMee

12-01-2011

Okay, it seems he's just an assassin to take out mages/glass cannons.

Now, is he viable in ranked?
I'm looking for a couple of champions that can do well in ranked that I can just practice for a long time.

Afny

12-01-2011

He's a good mid lane counterpick against some AP carries if you feel comfortable putting a sustainable AP carry top lane.

Tha Legend Killa

12-01-2011

Read His passive then ask yourself why wouldnt you get Frozen mallet? And thats some serious sustain, 700 hp? Yes please, AD not so great but theres some. And That is it, Adios.

Diamond Jigsaw

12-01-2011

Talon's passive is pretty useless. He should never be auto-attacking to begin with.

First rule of surviving as Talon is to not get hit. And that's pretty much the only rule. Get in, isolate a target, kill it, get the hell out.