AP Yi in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

Right. Nidalee should rush out and buy an executioners calling to half Yi's meditate if she uses it whenever he starts. Good call.

lbgsloan

12-01-2011

Tried him as a troll pick once, it's pretty funny if the enemy is light on cc. I'd initiate with alpha strike for Tons of Damage, pop hourglass, then mediate when that wore off. With some CDR, alpha strike is good to go again by then. They simply could not kill me. Goes down the toilet if they have multiple silences or hard stuns though. You'll also never kill a tank with AP Yi.

Stimuz

12-01-2011

Execalling/Ignite doesn't really do anything to yi's meditate unless he started it at like 5% hp. He still gains uberarmor/MR and will likely gain hp even with the reduction. Most of the popular champs have a way to interrupt it anyway, except ryze.

Stimuz

12-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbgsloan View Post
You'll also never kill a tank with AP Yi.
He can kill some tanks, but not lifeleech tanks once he gets lichbane. Once you're rockin like 500 ap doing a 800 damage (before MR) alpha strike into 650ish auto attack wait 2s 700ish auto attack proccing LB with whatever yi's E is, forgot the name into alpha strike again. Problem is AP yi is pretty much the definition of gear driven champ. Weak-mid early game aside from the first windmill fight. He's definitely a troll pick unless your goal is to stalemate bot.

BringYourOwnPuma

12-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoolerOnline View Post
also, if u dont have stun knockup or the like, get executioners calling, it will seriously hamper his healing, maybe enough to give you an edge. But in no way does AP yi need or deserve any kind of nerfs, he is very fun to play in certain modes <cough ARAM> but in most settings it is silly to play AP yi.
If by that post your implying AP yi is useless in other modes, you couldn't be more wrong. I play AP yi Solely in pretty much all modes and my W/L ratio (And K/D/A Ratio in SR) is far more positive than it is negative. I've logged well over 900 games as AP Yi and I can tell you for a fact hes FAR underrated. He takes alot more skill (Mostly with timing than anything) Than people give it credit for. So you see alot of fail AP yi's. If you'd like add me and I will play some SR with you and show you sometime. Or you can check my old recorded games at www.livestream.com/apyimadness (Ignore the lineage 1 stuff. XD)

IS1eae7cbb510cc9b1e2028

12-03-2011

I agree though, i've faced an AP yi a while ago. But he was pushing minions like crazy. Always kept in the bushes, alpha strikes the minions, back into bushes. Evil but effective stuff.

Danjuro V

12-03-2011

Well there are like 20 champs that can interrupt his meditate so........

BringYourOwnPuma

12-04-2011

And thats why it requires skill to play. To know when to go into the fight, or to know WHO to target and burst down fast (So you can alpha again) or right when to meditate. Its ALL about timing. Its not easy, but that doesn't mean AP yi isnt good.