AP Yi in Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FlamingDoritos

11-30-2011

I was a little surprised that AP Yi outright countered my Nidalee bot in Dominion today. I know Nid is pretty marginal in dominion, but I couldn't even dent him, even after full-range spear hits and sheen procs. He teleports in, does his burst, then meditates (which heals all of the hp he lost) before running away to wait for cooldowns. It took a 3v1 gank to kill him every single time for the whole game, no matter what level we were. We lost because no one could hold bot against him.

I know his meditate ratios were nerfed a while ago, but he's still healing 1/2 of his HP every time he meditates with barely any items. It feels a little unfair that I can heal about one tenth of what he can, but it might just be a bad matchup. What do I do if I face one next time?

Pig Magus

11-30-2011

Meditate also gives a ton of armor/magic resistance so he may be "parrying" your spears.

FlamingDoritos

11-30-2011

That's a good point. I'm guessing shred takes him down fast, kayle probably would have helped a ton.

PrincessDerpy

11-30-2011

Anything that can pop him out of meditate can waste him. If he retreats to meditate, chase his ass off the creep line and shove it up his ass.

Nekrogen

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerivalara View Post
Anything that can pop him out of meditate can waste him. If he retreats to meditate, chase his ass off the creep line and shove it up his ass.
Pretty much this.

I can see AP yi being a great choice against certain bottom lane champions though.

Hobocop

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

All you need is a silence, stun, or knockup, and Meditate goes right out the window.

ImCoolerOnline

11-30-2011

also, if u dont have stun knockup or the like, get executioners calling, it will seriously hamper his healing, maybe enough to give you an edge. But in no way does AP yi need or deserve any kind of nerfs, he is very fun to play in certain modes <cough ARAM> but in most settings it is silly to play AP yi.

FlamingDoritos

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImCoolerOnline View Post
also, if u dont have stun knockup or the like, get executioners calling, it will seriously hamper his healing, maybe enough to give you an edge. But in no way does AP yi need or deserve any kind of nerfs, he is very fun to play in certain modes <cough ARAM> but in most settings it is silly to play AP yi.
Yeah, I definitely didn't want to make a "YI IS OP BAWW" thread, I just realize I had a bad matchup. Nid as zero CC, so she'll be stopped pretty hard by meditate since he will get the full duration of it every time he uses it.

Stimuz

11-30-2011

He's fun but bad until you can get deathcap + lichbane + CDR at which point they'll have MR and you have to wait till void staff to become truly effective. That like 15-18m into the game. He does **** on the first windmill fight though due to the super high base damage on alpha strike. He does ok bot lane though, very hard to lose the lane but just as hard to push.

AAARRRRGGGGGHHHH

11-30-2011

meditate's cooldown: 35 seconds
executioner's calling's cooldown: 20 seconds

!?