[discussion] how do you use garrison?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lethal stoner

12-01-2011

if i know ill have to turtle (bot) on a rare occasion top (almost never) ill take it purely for defensive matters offensively ill only use it when the enemy uses it

Freakjob

12-01-2011

I personally take Garrison with Promote when I'm on bottom lane, saving Garrison for if the enemy makes it to my tower or I make it to his with a promoted minion. Don't really use it offensively, but that's because I tend to focus on capturing points more than chasing kills and thus don't take as much tower damage, plus, as you said, it's not effective during a solo dive and someone usually ends up capping the tower in a 2+ man dive, thus rending it ineffective anyways. A good spell though, don't neglect credit where it's due.

TouchinMyself

12-01-2011

Every single freaking time i use garrison offensively my team dont even realize it and stays away from the capture point. Its frustrating. I cant count how many times i have used garrison then initiated a fight just to watch my team stay back...

LordRandomness

12-01-2011

Garrison is good for initiating teamfights on a point, a situation in which channeling isn't a good idea. Basically it adds an extra champion to the dive, since that champion doesn't have to channel. Plus channels can be interrupted really easily in a teamfight, even by mistake.

It's nice defensively because it allows the team to throw more manpower elsewhere, holding a 1v2 is feasible with garrison. Plus it suddenly saves points that were about to be lost if your team is a bit late. I personally find it's best as a manpower booster: it lets you do the work of multiple champions by yourself, giving your team a temporary numbers advantage.

The Wrongsword

12-01-2011

I use it all the time for defense and offense.

Offense: I use it as vayne who can definitely solo tower dive someone especially with a good condemn into a wall which abound. Or any team jump into a tower i always garrison cause you cant count on someone holding it, and even if they try they are often interrupted. It also counters a defensive garrison

Defense: its obviously great, i love it to stop caps, to do damage (including splash), and to regen the tower. Tricky to use just at the right moment but it can be really clutch, has definitely saved towers. Great spell

elamous nalo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

the only time i use garrison offensively is to counter an enemy garrison and i take garrison every game

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2011

I've started trying Garrison again after ignoring it since beta. If I need it, it is almost always a defensive spell that I cast when I know I can't win an upcoming fight. I need a lot more practice with it, though. At this point, I prefer my tried-and true Exhaust/Promote, Ignite/Promote, or Ghost/Promote combinations.