[discussion] how do you use garrison?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arblis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

I take Garrison pretty much every game.

Garrison beats out ghost by FAR when it comes to rushing to the aid of a point under attack. Ghost might get you there a second faster, but Garrison interrupts everyone before any of your skills would be in range to interrupt them, heals some of the damage their channeling did, helps prevent minions from pushing over that last bit of point control, and puts out some free damage on the assaulters. It can easily buy you enough time for your allies to show up and finish off the foes.

Offensively, its uses are much more limited, yeah. It's handy when solo-queuing to encourage your cowardly teammates to just TAKE THE POINT ALREADY, and it's also handy when you desperately have to take a point, but your best chance is a 1v1 on an enemy CP.. helps even the odds a LOT. Or at least lets you survive long enough for an ally to revive and clean up the place!

I love Garrison. :3

NETHER R0D

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

1) play rammus in dominion
2) take garrison
3) roll right up to the enemy after you have gotten thornmail, toss garrison on the enemy tower, and laugh manically as they kill themselves on you and you take no damage
4)cap the control point
5)profit

ForgedLife

11-30-2011

Back in lower elo, using it offensively was so strong because people would defend points when they would obviously die.

But at this level, when those opportunities are rare, and when teammates are better, its just not worth it. Its fine in some occasions, but i have not seen it used well enough often enough.

UglyPete

11-30-2011

Garrison is amazing when used offensively as it doesn't require anyone to disarm the turret, and It's animation also acts as a signal to attack which is extremely useful in PUG situations.

I find using it defensively can be hit or miss. Using it to interrupt a cap from range can be game winning, but it's almost worthless to use defensively on an already weak turret against moderate minion waves especially when aided by a champion or two.

Thestuey

11-30-2011

I don't take it when playing solo/duo, but if I'm playing with a full team, I think it's bad to not have at least one. When you can coordinate a 4 man push onto a turret with garrison it can often times let you take it back. Shutting down the turret is often the kind of thing that you need to do to play aggressive (storm shield is another great option.) Defensively it can be just as great if you have the mastery (which there's no excuse not to have IMO) and allows you to defend very well when out numbered. Other than that, my only other comment would be to make the sound effects for garrison more prominent. It took me a while to realise that the animation was different, but I feel that an opposite sfx for debuffing a turret (maybe a bass sound that slurs downward) would make it much easier for players to determine what's going on.

Alvinheimer

11-30-2011

It's important to have at least 1 garrison on a team. I find especially useful when defending with a champion with hard CC and/or can kite well in confined spaces, like Ryze! I run garrison on Ryze regardless of if i'm top or bot lane.

Defending a point as Ryze: Q>W>Garrison>move>Q>E>ghost>move>Q>move>Q>laugh

When used offensively its useful in general, especially when used a turret that was garrisoned defensively lol. Garrison is its own counter.

KrYoS

11-30-2011

I like it on Rammus or other strong defenders. I once got a triple kill that pretty much saves us the game with Rammus by powerball/taunt with Garrison. I've also used it on Heimer a while back to push turrets. Bot lane with Promote/Garrison is a pretty strong combo IMO.

Ursalgodon

11-30-2011

I'd like to use Garrison to defend against multiple people, but what usually happens is this:

One person wears down my health while the other begins capturing the point. They alternate whenever I am able to interrupt the one capturing. As long as at least one of them is able to grab hold of the point, both the increased attack speed and control regeneration are completely wasted as the capture channel deactivates them both.

If I'm a tank, Garrison is excessive against a single target but useless against two or more.

Veztai

11-30-2011

I mostly use it defensively, but sometimes need it when on the offense. Can't count how many times I have, as Morgana/Janna/Anivia, scored double/triple kills after casting this spell under my tower, lol

Pig Magus

11-30-2011

Garrison should not be canceled from channels. Have it allow the tower to attack (at normal speed or slightly below normal speed) while being channeled.