Sion build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kewww

11-30-2011

I just tried sion what are some good builds for him?

Thris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-30-2011

Typically people make two types of build for him. A Crit/Lifesteal build, and an AP build. The AP build would most definitely have deathcap in there somewhere, and the crit/lifesteal build usually has a phantom dancer or two for the increased movespeed. That's just to give you a general idea, I don't play sion so I couldn't give you any solid complete build choices.

I have a friend who usually rushes a deathcap, follows it up with a mpen item then lichbane. He usually does pretty well

fuzzy13

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

The thing abt sion is he can build just about anything because his e causes him ti gain permanet health. You can go ap, tank, attack speed, ad, tank/ap hybrid..... So on and so on. But I personally prefer ap/tank. I start of with dorans, then either a deathcap (for power) or a rylias scepter (for servivability) and then boots somewhere in there. But if u tell me how u want to play I can help more

Kame Senpai

11-30-2011

AP Sion
Boots of mobility
Deathcap
Lichbane
void staff
Zhyonas hourglass
Rod of ages maybe?

The reason for boots of mobility is so you have enough speed to run towards someone, stun and get in range to proc lichbane and explode your shield.
Im not sure what ad sion builds. I just know its mainly attack speed and AD because his ult is 100% lifesteal

Burbinator

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thris View Post
Typically people make two types of build for him. A Crit/Lifesteal build...
Its not really a crit/lfiesteal build. Your ult lasts for 20 seconds which is pretty ridiculous if you think about it, and gives huge amounts of lifesteal. While an early vamp scepter makes simple lane sustain easier, lifesteal is not at all a major focus of the build.

Crit, however, IS. This is because sion has his AD steroid from E, and AS steroid from ult. The main thing you're missing is crit. PD is very good because he also lacks any form of gap closer. I've only played AD sion seriously in dominion (he does not fit well at all in 5v5 because of poor laning phas), but your core would probably be

mercs/zerker boots
IE
PD
Atmas (make use of his high bas ehp and bonus from E)

with 2 optional items, most likely BV for defense and perhaps a last whisper for armor stack, or thirster for straight damage at this point.

You can also experiment with rushing double zeal. Like I said, I'm not very sure on a build order on sion for 5v5, but I've seen that work (not sure if optimal)

AP sion you probably want to start either mana crystal + 2x hp pots or dorans ring. You often see sions get an early sheen simply because his base mana pool is awful, but if you have mana regen runes and manage it well, dorans ring stack into straight deathcap is slightly stronger. YOu can get either sorc boots for burst, or mobility boots; again, it helps a lot with sions terrible base movespeed to get in range for stun, and ap sion will usually be mid so it helps a lot in roaming and ganking early game where you are strongest. Your core is deathcap + lichbane, zhonyas is also very strong.