Beating ryze?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Emit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by annoyingdragon View Post
how the heck does chalice help i thought it only give mana regen
It gives some magic resist too.

I do however think its stupid that you have to rack up a ton or MR to stand a chance against Ryze. Where will your damage come from then?

And no caster that gets rod of ages and rylais will be a glasscanon :/

Tieryal

04-02-2010

I run flash/cleanse all of the time so I never have a problem with ryze. Sometimes he will get me down in a team fight because of the massive aoe (and I am usually playing a squishy), but since his rune prison is a root and not a stun a ryze will usually try to pop his ulti, then rune, so just immediately flash and that puts enough distance between you and him where he can't nuke you, then you just cleanse out of it and laugh at him.

Of course he will have it in another 45/25 or so seconds but I usually don't get caught in a rune prison that easily in the first place. Just play smart and pay attention to him at all times. He is a 1D character. Press RWEQ as fast as possible and hope you get a kill, and if you see him pop his ulti early, just run as long as he chases you until its gone.

Adel Dijerek

04-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emit View Post
It gives some magic resist too.

I do however think its stupid that you have to rack up a ton or MR to stand a chance against Ryze. Where will your damage come from then?

And no caster that gets rod of ages and rylais will be a glasscanon :/
This is like asking why you have to buy a SotD to beat Jax more easily. Some champions do their job well and you need to build yourself to counter them. You can't have equal or favorable matchups against everyone, after all.

MEMEME670

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adel Dijerek View Post
This is like asking why you have to buy a SotD to beat Jax more easily. Some champions do their job well and you need to build yourself to counter them. You can't have equal or favorable matchups against everyone, after all.
You have to build up a TON though. with just a catalyst + null magic mantle as nunu ryze was nuking down half my hp in one burst.

Adel Dijerek

04-02-2010

Aye, the best defense against Ryze is not brute-forcing your MR and pumping it sky-high (it wouldn't be that good anyway because of diminishing returns, in any case, plus ArcPen and co. would just nuke it back down to pathetic levels). It's playing the player behind him or, alternatively, using decoys. It's tiresome and costly, but the moment Ryze spends a single ability on someone other than you, he's ready to job.

sainthero

04-02-2010

Given you have a decent CC like a stun, Get banshees to nullify some of his damage and get close enough to ryze to kill him with a combo. If you are a nuker/caster too i suggest buying zonya ring and use it's unique active to outlast his ult. Ryze gets hader to deal with everytime he's fed so make sure you don't die much to him. End game with equal level and few deaths from him makes him pretty useless.

XxArCh3RxX

04-03-2010

i srsly dun c y ppl qq weneva they see a ryze....rush banshees and he pretty much becomes useless at nuking and dont let him get fed

Somafera

04-03-2010

STUN AND 5 MAN GANK HIM

The solution to everything.

Priamos

04-03-2010

Seeing as Ryze depends on abilities, silencing works well at temporarily neutering him while your allies whale on him. Something like Kassadin with a Null Sphere or Fiddlesticks with Dark Wind are kind of handy.

But I've never depended on silencing to help against Ryze. Morgana and Veigar handle him decently enough 1v1 (Morgana's skillshots outrange Ryze, and Black Shield acts like a Banshee's Veil). Other than that, Banshee's Veil if he's becoming a problem.

Thinscrispy

04-03-2010

Buy 1 Negatron cloak asap. Later on you can turn this into a veil or scepter, and during the mid and early game it really hampers his damage and he wont be able to burst you from full health to zero (unless for some reason he is fed quite badly and a much better items than you).