elo for individual contribution

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

snip3r45

11-30-2011

Hear me out.

As you all know, at the current moment solo ranked elo is calculated by the win or loss of your team. This is all fine and good... if you're above 1400 elo . People won't be trolling, people won't leave so much, they won't pick champs they've never played with, because they're not in elo hell. Elo hell exists, and it breaks you, slowly and gradually. You'll often see players who play decent who are just tired of all the trolls and begin trolling themselves, knowing they won't win either way. Countless times, I've been forced to personally kill every single member on the enemy team, making sure I don't die, because the moment I die we lose all the towers.

Why did it come to this? Because trolls will never reach high elo. They'll stay right here in elo hell, because they like it here. They'll probably win a few games here and there, carried by their exasperated teammates, and then they'll just get back to what they do best: feeding, leaving and afking. People will argue that there is no elo hell, because both teams are the same level.

YES, both teams are of the same level, this only means there'll be a troll in your game, and next game there'll be a troll in theirs. Usually it's more often in yours than theirs, and even if it weren't so, a troll ruins a game completely, there is rarely a way to win when one of your teammates has a score of 2 18 with an ad carry. This in turn makes the average lol player go mad, because he sees his score, he knows his kill death ratio is more than 2:1 and has a ton of assists and yet he can't win. After enduring this time and time again, people lose their minds, and tend to start feeding themselves, or play poorly, because "there is no way out of elo hell". It's a neverending circle that can never be broken until something is done about the elo system.

I have a solution for this. Make elo based not only on your team's performance, but on your own personal performance as well. Think about it. If a troll starts feeding hopelessly, he isn't trolling his team anymore, he is only trolling himself. He'll be stuck with all the other trolls, and they'll never get out until they start playing seriously. You might sit there and tell me "But what about the supports... and the tanks? ". Assists will also be taken into account. And frankly, if you get a score of 0 9 with a support and scarcely any assists, it isn't because you've been warding, or helping the team. It's because you're an idiot, and deserve to be in elo hell. Seriously if you don't have assists, and no items, it means your contribution to the team was meaningless and you were just being carried.

With individual elo, everyone will start playing more carefully, because no more scrubs will rely on being carried by their teammates. They know they'll get lower elo if they do bad. So they'll strive to do good. Everyone will actually try to get good scores and not die, and know that if they got into elo hell it was their own **** fault.

Think about what I have written here, and upvote this if you want the developers to see this. I say this elo system would be worth a shot and it could pass as an experimental mode to see how it works.

NeuralMulti

12-01-2011

I love the idea, ELO hell DOES exist. People say if you deserve to be 1500+ then you will be able to carry with any champion every game. Well, that is wrong because I can play many many many champions very well and carry, but if you have horrible team mates who can't comprehend or play well then you will lose let alone all the rage quitters, feeders and dumb asses there are.

I've been stuck in ELO hell for some time now, and it seems it will never ends. I win one gain barely any rating because I've played lots of game so I gain nothing and I think maybe this is the start of me getting out and then I will lose 6 games in a row because of my horrible team who force me into support while they try to play AD and AP carries because thats all they like to play in normal and feed and we lose because they suck. Don't get me wrong, I like to play support I love assisting my team, but only with a team who doesn't blame me for every mistake even though they are 0/8 15 minutes in.

This is ELO hell for you, me and my friends have always said to make ELO based on how well you do in game, not if you win or lose. Because lets be honest a better player should be rewarded for what they do. If a idiot troll feeds then he should lose ELO for playing like a god **** moron, but if someone is fed and carries because they are good at the game and know how to play with a team and have lots of assists or play support/tanks then they should gain ELO.

But again, It's riot games it is not like they give a **** about us. They focus on making new champions for people with mommy and daddys credit card and they get their money and all is well while we suffer and have a ****ty experience in this horrible ELO.

Change it!

8Bit Poro

12-01-2011

@snip3r45, "if you're above 1400 elo . People won't be trolling, people won't leave so much, they won't pick champs they've never played with, because they're not in elo hell. Elo hell exists, and it breaks you, slowly and gradually."
Sorry to burst your bubble bro, but what people consider "elo hell" goes on through the 1800-1900s if you go by feeding. If you go by retarded picks it ends about 1600, and the game changes from a solo pick what ever i want game, to a team game. That key thing, is the difference between MOST 1200 and 1500 elo players. Every game has a feeder, every game has someone who carries, it doesnt make one person good or the other person bad. So first off, your generalization of "bad teammates" is completely off.

2nd, Nobody said it would be fast to carry your way out of elo hell, but odds are that if you play consistently well, you will consistently win. Everyone loses one occasionally, that's when you look at why you lost, and you learn from it. The only way you will carry your way out of elo hell in solo queue, is to have a leader on the team who can call the shots, and do it CORRECTLY.

"This is ELO hell for you, me and my friends have always said to make ELO based on how well you do in game, not if you win or lose"
This would involve a massive equation, to analyze way to many variables then its worth. Not only that, your essentially telling riot "Hey riot, your TEAM GAME is fantastic, but i dont want to be rated on how well i work as a TEAM, just as how well i do about myself and i dont care about anyone else"

It takes time to develop the skills needed to play in the higher elo, and it doesnt just happen over night, you gotta learn to use your pings, control your team so you dont piss them off, and play consistently.

Either way, this system does work fairly well, the absolute terrible people drop to the low elo, and as they progressively get better in the game, they climb back up. Its how the system works, and frankly it works pretty well.

You on the other hand snip3r45, have no reason to talk. According to LOL accounts, you havnt even played a ranked game yet, which means you have no clue how the ranked system works. If you really think your that good, build a team together, and play 5v5 ranked and watch you get stomped, There is a enormous skill difference in players that people dont give credit to, yeah some have good days some have bad days. Either way, MAN UP, TAKE CREDIT FOR YOUR LOSSES, and learn from them

@NeuralMulti
"They focus on making new champions for people with mommy and daddys credit card and they get their money and all is well while we suffer and have a ****ty experience in this horrible ELO." if this is how you really feel about their game, stop being the little rich kid who crys about it, just stop playing.
TLDR: Then dont read

Britzius

12-01-2011

I agree with this. We need a better system. I have been saying this for months and months and months. People have no idea how bad it is now. So many afk and feeders in low elo. No matter how good anyone is, you will lose because they suck.

gangrenecarrot

12-11-2011

something needs to be done, i've tried ranked soloqueing 13 times now and out of those 13, i've had 8 leavers on my team. twice i had people who were clearly trying to do bad (they told us they were intentionally trying to lose the game to ruin elo for us)(yes i reported them), once my team lost fair and square, and one of my wins was from a leaver on the other team

Mehiran

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2011

I agree with individual scoring for solo queue. I mean you can be the best player out there or delude yourself that you are the best player but the numbers don't lie.

Did you die more than you killed? More importantly did you assist more than you died? When you add all those numbers up does that score come out positive (with deaths being negative numbers)? If so I think that person was an asset to the team; yes even the cheesy ones like Soraka or Karthus (they get assists without trying lol).

Such a system would make people try to avoid deaths, as each death would hurt their score and thus their rank gain for that game. Sure it might cause inflation, and there will be problems, but honestly with how few even get bronze I think the system could use a little experimenting with ideas like individual merit.

IgnotusAngelus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-12-2011

Funny how you guys mention kills/deaths/assists. How about those solo lanes that have 45 creep score at 30 minutes, yeah they're pros.

Selcopa

12-12-2011

No, stop, I swear i see this same topic 4 times a week. And every single one of them thinks it is the most original idea in the world

You cannot base ELO on KDA, Towers, CS, anything other than a win.

The very concept of ELO being awarded for things other than a win, creates a situtation that detracts from winning. It encourages people to risk suicide to get a tower just because it will zero out as far as ELO if they die, but they gain if you can survive. It promotes kill stealing, especially if you werent going to get an assist.

It can't account for intangibles of real skill, Janna ult's and saves a team member or more, Zilean ults the AD carry correctly instead of the tank. Defending baron when outmanned, resulting in no kills but saves the team from a loss.

There is a huge amount of things to do in the game that have no tangible result other than helping the team destroy the enemy nexus, focus on doing those things, and you wont have to rely on higher KDA's and tower kills to win your games.

snip3r45

12-24-2011

To the guy who posted right before me. Sorry to tell you this man.. but you're wrong. On all counts.

Firstly... I can't even begin to imagine how you got from individual elo contribution to people suiciding in towers. If someone suicides to get a tower and fails, he dies and doesn't get anything. If he succeeds, he gets a tower and dies, which will just ruin his score. If he both gets the tower and escapes, and manages to do this in a consistent manner, then power to him, I can honestly find no fault in that. Also, killstealers will always exist, with or without this system. Will it encourage kill stealing? Sure. But all the other guys will get assists as well so it won't ruin their elo. They'll just get less money.

Secondly.. janna's ulti and zilean's ulti don't get counted with the current elo system and they dont get counted with my elo system. There is no way to account for that. I don't see why you're bringing this up. Are you saying that if a zilean casts his ulti right but feeds like a maniac he is in the right? Is that what you are suggesting?

I have the impression some of you may have misunderstood me. I'm not suggesting people that have 20 1 score in a losing team win elo. I'm suggesting they lose less. I'm also suggesting the feeders with 1 20 score lose much much more. The way things are right now, there is absolutely no difference made between someone who decides to intentionally feed and someone giving his best for the team. My solution also accounts for the afkers, because people who would have no kills and no assists all game would lose more elo.

My idea is good, and you all know it. Some of you on the other hand also know that Riot is way too lazy to implement such a system because it would take way too much time to test, it wouldn't bring them any instant gratification and it would only benefit the players. In reality it would also make a lot less people quit the game but they probably have so many players they just don't care anymore. And since you know Riot will never implement such a solution, some of you try to get on Riot's good side by voicing their thoughts.

Stop it. Riot won't give you anything if you shower them with compliments . They also won't give you anything if you consistently side with them when they are in fact wrong. Grow some backbone.

Also, to the guy that said I've never played ranked.. You obviously typed my name in wrong when you looked for me. Sadly that doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Regards.

snip3r45

1313Jr1313

12-24-2011

this would promote selfish play. do people play selfishly anyway? yeah, but it would make it so unselfish team players would never rise in elo. then, by the time they do move up they're stuck with ONLY other selfish players. also, requiring the trolls to have a positive k/d ratio would just create a new brand of trolling and allow elo hell itself to rise. as it is, i have been hit by trolls as high as 1600 elo... let's not raise that number.