A newbie's guide to everything Dominion

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DivineBovine

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Clairvoyance: You've seen it nao.
People underrate map awareness i this mode ;3;

Nekrogen

02-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
Clairvoyance: You've seen it nao.
Yeah I'll update that bit, thanks Sauron.

Sir Bretticus

02-22-2012

My experience so far with Ryze is that he is countered early in the game by bot laners with gap closers. He only has trouble early on though, once he has items and his ultimate up he can easily 1v1 anyone.

Nekrogen

02-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdaDglgmut View Post
My experience so far with Ryze is that he is countered early in the game by bot laners with gap closers. He only has trouble early on though, once he has items and his ultimate up he can easily 1v1 anyone.
He is no longer a common ban due to his recent nerf along with the hextech revolver nerf. Both of those really hurt his early game prowess.

EMeta

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2012

Could someone sticky this? New Dominion players really have little guidance on strategy & as of this posting this thread made it to page 7.

Also, Nekrogen, this thread indicated that you can be more successful bot by killing mage minions first. Should that go in this guide?

Nekrogen

03-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMeta View Post
Could someone sticky this? New Dominion players really have little guidance on strategy & as of this posting this thread made it to page 7.

Also, Nekrogen, this thread indicated that you can be more successful bot by killing mage minions first. Should that go in this guide?
This is a very good point and I will add it in there. Thanks!

Nekrogen

03-28-2012

Added Sauron's guide to the list of additional reading material. That's why this guide is only covering the basics, because the advanced topics are MUCH more in depth and require a lot more room to explain (thus Sauron's guide). He's also the perfect person to explain advanced concepts, so check it out if you haven't!

Updated the summoner spell section as well.

inFe eD

03-28-2012

Quote:
Clairvoyance. Very handy in high elo Dominion where premades are dominant. Some teams (like ours), like to deviate from the traditional 4 top 1 bot starting from time to time, and other teams use clairvoyance to make sure they can launch a counter initiative if necessary. Clairvoyance is also good for forcing enemies out of their traditional ambush spots, allowing for safe passage. This summoner spell takes some finesse to use correctly and effectively.
VINDICATION. Take that, solo queue pubstars. I am victorious. Hard to use =! bad. I now feel safe to use this in solo q without risk of being called a troll.

Cerebral09

08-16-2012

Just found this; the map awareness/fog of war attachment seems busted. Doth it exist anywhere else?

Nekrogen

08-17-2012

I'll re-upload it, just gotta find it

Edit: Found it.