How do you determine the difference between playing poorly and intentionally feeding?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AtriustheGod

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

11-30-2011

I've been getting a lot of cases where people are reported for intentionally feeding. And i've noticed, that people get reported by their team for intentionally feeding if their score is ever negative, regardless of how that happened. I got reported several times myself when I had bad games.

Now, some of these are obvious. I've seen some cases where the person has boots of mobility, zeal zeal zeal zeal, and 0 kills 30 deaths. Or in the chat log, they say that they're intentionally feeding. Now THAT is surely intentionally feeding.

But what about the guy that went 3 and 10? He has a good build. What if he just had a bad day? Nobody plays perfectly every game, or maybe the matchup was bad. But he has several negative scores on the cases. But maybe he just sucks at the game? Nothing in his build or chat logs indicate that he was intentionally feeding. But being bad at the game isn't a bannable offense either.

I've seen some absolutely abyssmal lanes. My friend, the best LoL player I know who carries games 9 out of 10 times went 1 and 18 in a lane once a Xin Zhao. His lane partner went 1 and 15. That looks like intentional feeding to an outsider because of the abyssmal score. But if you watched the game, you would have seen that no. They were trying their hardest. He had a terrible game, and he just got his ass handed to him by bottom lane repeatedly. They were actually hiding behind their turret, and the enemy would turret dive, kill them again, and then walk out damage free thanks to Kayle.

I'm sure you've all been there. Everybody has those games where they are completely outmatched skill-wise, or they just can't play for **** for some reason.

So how do you judge? Should I only vote "punish" for those that are 100% OBVIOUSLY intentionally feeding? Does the rest of the community do that? Because you definitely shouldn't be punished just for playing poorly.

SimplyAlive

11-30-2011

I punish only if there is enough evidence that shows the 'intentional' part. (the BoM+zeals 0/30/0) In other cases, it will most likely result in a pardon or a skip due to lack of evidence.

I think it can be the hardest thing to judge, as someone could also feed 2 or 3 kills lategame to force a surrender. (I have seen it happen). Luckily, those cases are more often accompanied with signs in the chatlog.

divsky

11-30-2011

Yeah and people will report a lot just because someone played poorly. They're angry, they blame the bad player for their loss, and reporting them makes them feel better, I guess. In any case I tend to give the benefit of a doubt with intentional feeding, and will only punish if I see things like empty inventories, or boots of mobility + zeal, or all wards in inventory. Or them saying they are feeding in chat log.

I mean, I've had really bad scores before too. And I've been reported for it. And I've never intentionally fed.

SimplyAlive

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by divsky View Post
Yeah and people will report a lot just because someone played poorly. They're angry, they blame the bad player for their loss, and reporting them makes them feel better, I guess. In any case I tend to give the benefit of a doubt with intentional feeding, and will only punish if I see things like empty inventories, or boots of mobility + zeal, or all wards in inventory. Or them saying they are feeding in chat log.

I mean, I've had really bad scores before too. And I've been reported for it. And I've never intentionally fed.
Basically this.