Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Denying Towers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lunitarian

11-30-2011

As a fairly new player, I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I was hoping to understand it better.

Why can't towers be denied? Don't get me wrong, I hate creep denying (and everything it stands for). It was one of the big reasons I moved onto Lol from Dota and HoN.

But rather than give up a tower for lost, some of the most fun fights I can remember happened when one was desperately trying to last hit a friendly tower, having to weigh denying that huge amount of gold against the possibility of getting killed by the three enemies pounding on it. And it's only 9 total denies a game (or 11 I guess, but I'd imagine the last 2 don't have much of an impact...), so I wouldn't really find it the same as boring/stressful creep denies.

But now, if a tower is low, and 2 or more of the enemy team is coming, it's smart to just abandon a tower. It just seems to me like such a fun vector could be added with a very small change.

Thoughts/comments/links to previous threads where this was settled?

Grordbort

11-30-2011

Riot doesn't like denial as a mechanic. It's "Anti-fun"

OneWhoPondersWhy

11-30-2011

So you want to be able to attack your own towers?
With this trolling community? No thank you.

CadaverConjurer

11-30-2011

Quote:
Grordbort:

Pretty much this, denying really isn't all that fun imo.

SuperSobotka

11-30-2011

yeah i didnt read, riot will NEVER make you be able to kill your own turrets (reguardless of their life, it didnt matter if it had 20hp left)

because this allows people to troll their own team.

well except for anivia she is #1 troll wall

An Ellimist

11-30-2011

Anivia is too much fun if people decide to be stupid. Makes it a whole new game just walling them off into the enemy team.

FeyChey

11-30-2011

LoL simply doesn't have the deny mechanic. There is a pretty big mix of opinion on deny.

TheMountainGoat

11-30-2011

Quote:
Grordbort:

it's also completely ****ing stupid.

Lunitarian

11-30-2011

I get the "anti-deny" sentiment, and as I said, I totally agree. I hate denying creeps in lane, and last hitting + harrassing + avoiding harrassment is plenty.

But it seems to me like having the blanket opinion of "NO DENYING" is kind of limiting since towers aren't at all like creeps. Teams steal (a.k.a. deny!) dragon and baron. And I don't think anyone would disagree how exciting and fun it is to do that, or watch it on a replay. The only main difference between them and the towers is the position on the map.

I understand the trolling argument, and it's relevant. And obviously towers should not be targetable at full health from the friendly team. But if friendly targetting is limited to a tower that is at like ~100-200 health, how in the world would it be considered "trolling" to have a friendly destroy it if it's that low? It's just sitting there, able to be destroyed by 2 attacks from any enemy who doesn't even need a creep wave to tower dive it. It's basically a big pile of gold waiting for the other team to take it, and there's nothing you can do about it otherwise.

PriorityOne

11-30-2011

You're still attacking a part of your team. It's counter-intuitive and, as mentioned, it is anti-fun.

The enemy spends a good bit of time sieging your tower and chipping away at it only to have it be denied right before they get it? That's not fun, that's frustrating.