Riven must build Youmuu's ghost blade

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ectb

11-30-2011

Youmuu's ghostblade

The bonus attack damage and armor penetration from Brutalizer will make Riven HURT early/early-mid game

The AS steroid works well on Riven because he is an meelee carry who auto attacks a lot, which increases her damage output. Movement speed steroid is also invaluable as it improves her chasing/escaping capability.

The cooldown reduction synergizes with Riven perfectly because it allows her to spam abilities, and thus increases her damage output

Frozen mallet

30 attack damage is a lot of damage early-mid game, 700 health point greatly improves her mid game durability, and in late game after buying Atmas impaler the 700 health points further boosts Riven's attack damage

Berserkers

Berserker's greave is a good pair of shoes on any auto attackers (you have to auto attack a lot to proc your passive anyway). But I wouldn't get it too early since E and Q provide more than enough mobility in lane.

Warmogs + Atmas impaler

Warmogs gives tons of health, and is the best counter to AP stacking nukers. Atmas impaler boosts her armor as well as attack damage which scales with health. Warmogs and atmas greatly improves her survivability and her attack damage

Last whisper

The 40 bonus attack damage is good as all of Riven's abilities scale well with AD. More importantly the 40% armor penetration ensures that Riven deals good damage end game.

Blood thirsters

100 bonus AD is a huge boost to Riven's damage output. Lifesteal also sustains her throughout team fights. However I wouldn't rush BT as there are more important items to get.

Black cleaver

This item is a great boost to Riven's mid game damage output, but end game it's less effective than last whisper.

Infinite edge

This item is okay on Riven because she auto attacks a lot and scales very well with AD. But it's too expensive to be cost effective. 20% critical chance is a unreliable source of damage, and the 150% critical damage is basically wasted as it doesn't proc very often with such a low critical chance. I get this item for fun only

Banshee's veil

Pretty much mandatory if you are facing a CC heavy team. Otherwise I wouldn't get it simply because there are more important things to do than blocking that one stun.

Hextech drinker

Great for mid game against AP nukers, but falls off late game.

Thornmail/Frozen heart

Frozen heart is better if you are constantly in the middle of team fights. Thornmail is better at 1v1 against another meelee DPS. I prefer Frozen heart because it maxes out CDR to 40% (if you have runes+masteries+ghostblade)

Runes:

9 armor penetration red
9 armor yellow
9 CDR per level blue
2 movement speed quints
1 attack damage quint

Mastery: 21/0/9

Summoner spells (in the order of preference):

Smite: because you want to jungle with Riven
Exhaust: Great tool for ganking, escaping, chasing, focusing enemy carry, and winning 1v1 fights.
Ignite: Good for finishing off enemies, but I prefer exhaust as it provides better utility.
Flash: I prefer exhaust over flash because you already have tons of mobility from Q and E.
Ghost: ^ same as above.
Surge: Riven benefits more from attack damage than attack speed, so it's not a very effective spell for Riven

Skill sequencing: Get one point in Q and E before level 6, put a point in R whenever possible, max W, then max Q. Max E last.

Jungling route: Wraith -> Wolf -> Blue -> Home -> Red -> continue to clear jungle or gank lanes.

Brosnian

11-30-2011

No she doesn't.

Pantsukun

11-30-2011

Must is such a strong word.

Lap it up

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

Dont build AS on riven, it isnt that good. Her passive encourages you to auto attack inbetween spells, and if you have a ton of AS then it is going to waste while you do spell-aa-spell-aa. Dont build zerkers on her, mercs are better. Dont get black cleaver on her either, other items are better.

And you mention that you need to auto attack alot to proc her passive. Her passive procs from spells, not auto attacks. Doesnt matter how fast you attack when you have x charges, plus AS just reduces the AD you could be buying with that gold.

Edit: oh and you are wrong, blood thirster is an amazing item to rush.

BenthePenguin

11-30-2011

thanks for providing a description of all the items in the game..?

k Version

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

2 dorans , wriggles, merc treads (situational) , atmogs
havent lost my lane yet.

jaMx

11-30-2011

no...nononononono - please don't build youmuus as first core item unless you want to be a really bad riven

jaMx

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versiøn View Post
2 dorans , wriggles, merc treads (situational) , atmogs
havent lost my lane yet.
QFT

unless your jungler is amumu or rammus then just go

wriggles->2 dorans->brutalizer->blood thirster->black cleaver->guardian angel

k Version

11-30-2011

well that being said. My friend generally jungles, i generally solo top.

ectb

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaMx View Post
QFT

unless your jungler is amumu or rammus then just go

wriggles->2 dorans->brutalizer->blood thirster->black cleaver->guardian angel
You do realize that you don't have any proper health items?