All the time (80-100% of games) 103 19.81%
Most of the time (60-80% of games) 30 5.77%
Half the time (40-60% of games) 38 7.31%
Sometimes (20-40% of games) 86 16.54%
Bascially Never (0-20% of games) 263 50.58%
Voters: 520. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: How often do you play Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

11-30-2011

I'm in the 'what's an SR?' group...

Expect that one to jump after the thread move xP

Ko Hakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayriuss View Post
Dominion has terrible gameplay flaws. There should either be multiple spawn points or everyone spawns in the middle... There is little incentive to try to keep the enemy's command points because they are just retaken easily.

I wont be playing it until they fix it =/.
... One of the strongest strategies I have seen revolves around taking the enemy's bottom point and defending it. Then you can hold the two by your own spawn and their bottom.

The choice to the enemy team is to walk a large distance to backdoor a different point (which is telegraphed when they leave the base), or slam themselves against your well defended closer point until they retake it.

Rebel Dragon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post

And before you ask: no, I do not play "OP" champs. In fact, I don't even feel that there are any OP champs in Dominion right now with the exception of Yorick.

Edit: Haters gonna hate.
I ran into an Urgot as Yorick one of the few times I played draft. :'(

At least I don't see Urgot so much in blind pick.

IS1429332aa9b633

11-30-2011

Yorick has some counters, but people never pick them...
Talon is free this week, they should try him against Yorick

There's also Graves, Cassio, Kayle.
And for a balanced matchup: Ryze, Gragas, Maokai.

I didn't even mention exotic stuff like Alistar or Soraka...

Saebira

11-30-2011

I hate Dominion honestly. Too unbalanced and pointless. I prefer the strategy of SR =(
Riot trolled me this morning...I thought I was queing for SR and wa sin Dominion. I asked why TP was gone. Then it loads and I'm in Dominion. The Vlad with me thought it was SR too and we both did horrid. That's my only Dominion game played since the week it was released.

PrometheanRage

11-30-2011

I am in the 100% group. I have played 2 SR total since Dominion came out and I can't see going back any time in the near future - too long, too slow.

WTB SR with Dominion gold and XP gain.

Xavderion

11-30-2011

Why has the thread been moved? Now the poll is useless.

KGBMutt

11-30-2011

People know about Dominion...they've more than advertised it enough. Making it the default isn't going to make it more popular. At this point it's just like they're shoving it down our throats.

If I wanted to play Arathi Basin I would be playing WoW...

YoungBlade

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavderion View Post
Why has the thread been moved? Now the poll is useless.
It's a conspiracy I say!

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBlade View Post
Conspiracy Theory: Riot doesn't want people to know that few players actually play Dominion and were afraid that this thread would get too many views and responses in the General Discussion. So they put it here, where lots of people would obviously vote Dominion up to make it look better...
No, but seriously, it's probably just that a Mod saw the word "Dominion" in the title and assumed that I was some noob who just puts every post in General Discussion, therefore, they moved it here.

Freakjob

12-01-2011

I played Dominion a huge amount when it came out, but got bored very quickly over the lack of champs that can be played effectively on it. It could be because I'm more of a mage/support player than tanky DPSer, but seeing the same champs over and over was just boring. I do play every now and again when I'm tired of passively laning/last-hitting and trying to coordinate teamwork in solo queue; much easier to grab someone like Panth or Ryze and just crush faces to make myself feel better, and the time frame is much nicer than SR, makes it easy to get in a quick game if I don't have the time for SR but need my LoL fix. Needs more balance before I play it more regularly, and also I'd prefer to play with a premade team; people always chase kills instead of capping a neutralized point or push way too far and end up losing more capture points than we gained.

TL;DR needs more balance, otherwise, love it