All the time (80-100% of games) 103 19.81%
Most of the time (60-80% of games) 30 5.77%
Half the time (40-60% of games) 38 7.31%
Sometimes (20-40% of games) 86 16.54%
Bascially Never (0-20% of games) 263 50.58%
Voters: 520. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: How often do you play Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Suien Reizo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyPuffs View Post
I play dominion and rarely lose. Its completely unbalanced. Certain champs are amazing and certain champs are totally useless. Item cost-efficiency for various roles is horrendous.
Pretty much this.

ActionButlerGO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilkman View Post
This poll is misleading, since the vocal members of the community who frequent the forums tend to also be more serious, tryhard gamers. Naturally they would prefer the higher skillcap game mode with an overwhelming majority. I'd be curious to hear from a Red about actual Dominion versus Summoner's Rift queue statistics. That is, how many people each day queue for Dominion versus how many queue for Summoner's Rift. That data would be a lot more meaningful than this poll.
The daily queue totals will still be overwhelmingly in favor of SR. Why wouldn't they be? The vast majority of players came here specifically for SR.

That said, Dominion has more than enough regular players to keep it alive if Riot decides to implement ranked and not let it fall to the wayside like TT.

Albert Dakkar

11-30-2011

I play Dominion when I want to LoL but I have to solo queue, I find that its a much better experience. If I'm playing with friends, we almost always play SR. I enjoy both and I don't think Dominion is given enough credit for how strategic it is in its own right.

Reading through the topic, there is a lot of ignorance about Dominion and its supposed imbalance. I would say that its about as balanced as SR if not more so, there are a wider variety of champs that you can use in Dominion without having to have a specific team composition.

Godmoney

11-30-2011

I only play dominion.

I want to pvp, not spend 20 minutes farming only to stalemate once all the mid towers are down. 50 minutes later someone makes a mistake and one side wins.

Dominion is pvp, more pvp and more pvp.

ActionButlerGO

11-30-2011

Also, as a Dominion-only player, I can say with near certainty that most Dominion players are also not happy about the switch.

Thus far, all that it has done is drop SR players into games they don't want to play and create dozens of new Dominion hate threads. How on earth could either of those things possibly help with Dominon's popularity? I'm hoping this was actually a bug and not intentional.

YoungBlade

11-30-2011

Well, this poll is now effectively biased. Apparently a Mod moved it to the Dominion forum.

Hello, Dominion forum goers! I have actually heard good things about you. No offense, but I placed this in General Discussion initially because that should be the least biased forum available. Now that this thread is in the Dominion forum, I expect the numbers in favor of Dominion will increase dramatically as this forum is likely somewhat biased in favor of Dominion.

At this point, the poll numbers were: 25/8/19/53/183, strongly in favor of traditional League over Dominion.

Conspiracy Theory: Riot doesn't want people to know that few players actually play Dominion and were afraid that this thread would get too many views and responses in the General Discussion. So they put it here, where lots of people would obviously vote Dominion up to make it look better...

ActionButlerGO

11-30-2011

They move all Dominion threads here, actually. Not just polls.

As for bias, there is no way to make a poll on the forums that isn't unless you assume that the forums are representative of the whole (and, my word, I hope they aren't). Besdies, GD is usually the haven for SR players anyway, so there was the automatic bias.

Still, those numbers are about what I would have expected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBlade View Post
Hello, Dominion forum goers!
Nice transition, btw.

Hobocop

11-30-2011

You'd think General Discussion would be the least biased, but it might as well be called 'Summoner's Rift Plus'.

MacDizel

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBlade View Post

I like the game mode, but for me, Summoner's Rift is still more fun. I play Dominion if I want to play a quick game that only lasts 15-25 minutes, but if I have the time, I'll play a regular 5v5. I have played about 10 matches in Dominion (mostly owning people as Yorick), whereas I've played well over 100 Classic matches since Dominion's release. It isn't that Dominion's not fun, just that I still prefer a longer, more calculated game. Dominion is very fast paced and hectic.
Dominion is still new the reason for those " fast " matches is no secret. Its 3 fold and simple, many whom are playing dom are new, many are "score *****s" and or "farmers" from classic. and many have no idea what they are doing.

When you come across two skilled teams in Dominion the games can last 45 minutes and more often than not they do. Me personally, Its not the length of the game that matters but rather the quality of it.(Classic anything to me is a big farm fest with out any epic drops) Furthermore Dominion is very fast paced and as a result when one of them troll's starts running his mouth he has no idea how much he is hurting his own team(sucks bad when hes on my team)

Dom ALL the way for tactics, team play as well as a sense of accomplishment, and a real feeling of victory.
You see I can not feel good or bad playing classic for the simple reason you cant win without PvE so in essence "you" really didn't win anything, you simply farm/advance minions you really only win if your a better farmer. but hey thats just my .02

ricklessabandon

qa analyst

11-30-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

i'm in the 60-80% group.