All the time (80-100% of games) 103 19.81%
Most of the time (60-80% of games) 30 5.77%
Half the time (40-60% of games) 38 7.31%
Sometimes (20-40% of games) 86 16.54%
Bascially Never (0-20% of games) 263 50.58%
Voters: 520. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: How often do you play Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crowleyyy

11-30-2011

Only time I play is when I'm waiting for someone to get online, so I'll play a quick faceroll stupid dominion.

SkitZĂ 

11-30-2011

I accidently played Dominion yesterday when servers got back up.. DAM IT RIOT

IsuckatPVE

11-30-2011

scumbag (dominion designer)

Balloon Sale

11-30-2011

Dominion is pretty much all I've been playing. It's nice how the games are short and guaranteed to be over in 15-25 minutes. I don't like the aspect of Summoner's Rift where I feel like I'm promising to put up to 45-60 minutes of total attention on the game, like can't-even-take-a-phone-call levels of attention. I don't have that much freaking time to game.

For what it's worth, the IP is way better in Dominion too, partially because the games tend to end around the sweet spot of 20 min, and First Wins come wayyy more consistently. Not like IP rate should be too important, because I think the moment someone plays the game as an IP farmfest instead of for its own sake, they're just wasting their time. But that said, more IP is more fun cuz you get to try more stuff. I'm actually unlocking 6300 champs for laughs now, like it's not that big of a deal to spend that much, when in SR it would've taken an eternity to get that much.

The game is more relaxed too. People mostly play for laughs. It's not like SR where if you start 0-2 you're facing this huge uphill climb the rest of the game and in dire risk of screwing everything up for your team (if you haven't already) and being yelled at for feeding. And despite the claims of it only being about "OP Rammus," "OP Shaco," "zerg rush Windmill 24/7" etc., I've found there are quite a lot of different and viable strategies, at least at my level of play.

LOKOOOOOOOOOO

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

its ****ing **** move it back down

Nekrogen

11-30-2011

Top of the dominion ladder myself. Every game is interesting and complex, and there are always people changing and breaking the meta. The player base is extremely tolerable and I can't say I'm going back to Summoners Rift any time soon. It's a shame though, queue times can exceed 40 minutes; I've even had 1+ hour queue times. I just wish some of the more skilled SR players would come over and increase the higher elo pool for dominion.

And before you ask: no, I do not play "OP" champs. In fact, I don't even feel that there are any OP champs in Dominion right now with the exception of Yorick.

Edit: Haters gonna hate.

YoungBlade

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekrogen View Post
And before you ask: no, I do not play "OP" champs. In fact, I don't even feel that there are any OP champs in Dominion right now with the exception of Yorick.
Shhhh. Don't let Riot know. Yorick is the only 6300 I ever bought on his own. I don't get to play him much in Summoner's Rift anymore because I'm always stuck tanking/supporting. Dominion is the only place I get to wreck people with him!

;D

Nekrogen

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungBlade View Post
Shhhh. Don't let Riot know. Yorick is the only 6300 I ever bought on his own. I don't get to play him much in Summoner's Rift anymore because I'm always stuck tanking/supporting. Dominion is the only place I get to wreck people with him!

;D
Not in draft you can't lol. First ban in every single one of my games. Also, bossed match history; Queue will never pop tonight.

Quren

11-30-2011

I don't think dominion is the style of game that would appeal to the average moba player. I see a lot of people complain about the speed, and hectic nature. Dominion feels like a game that would appeal more to mmo pvpers then moba players. It actually kinda reminds me of playing unreal tournament in terms of game speed healing.

Ayriuss

11-30-2011

Dominion has terrible gameplay flaws. There should either be multiple spawn points or everyone spawns in the middle... There is little incentive to try to keep the enemy's command points because they are just retaken easily.

I wont be playing it until they fix it =/.