Jungle updates inbound; see update here!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

11-29-2011
6 of 59 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitthroat View Post
Dear Morello,

Your constant work and dedication to this game along with the countless other Riot employees is what makes me love this game and you all as developers. I just want you to know that myself and at least 5 others feel this way. You guys are good, your work and dedication are fantastic, and you suffer the fanaticism of this community.

Sincerely,
Slitthroat
Being angry at least means you're passionate, and there can be progress. Apathy is worse.

AshKay

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

Good to hear, i felt bad about all the rage threads that went on :c

Mintberrycruncch

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I think it's MUCH less drastic than advertised, but I do think jungling is extremely sensitive to inefficiency. I just want to reduce that a little.
I have a problem with new jungle because it just doesn't fit the game.

LoL is a MOBA. The gameplay revolves around collecting resources(minions/gold) that come at you in waves. Controlling waves/denying opponent access to their resource is the primary objective of the laning phase.

Don't you think there is a problem with having a 4rth lane, where resource is only limited by how fast you can run from camp to camp?

Why not just remake the laning phase so that we get minions in a constant stream instead of the current wave system

StimPackTstAwwYa

11-29-2011

Quote:
I think it's MUCH less drastic than advertised, but I do think jungling is extremely sensitive to inefficiency. I just want to reduce that a little.
I believe that Junglers were overpowered. It was just too game changing having someone not in a lane keeping up and even passing solo lanes.

Other games have also nerfed "junglers" and out of lane champions because (IMO) the roll of a jungler is support. Support ganks and map control and dominance.

As it was, if a jungler like Lee Sin came into your lane at the right time, you were dead. Plain and simple. It shouldn't be like that, a jungler should be constant pressure and a constant threat, but NOT a carry.

Alexander767

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

Listened to the herd... err comunity =(.

Yeah, new jungle was really balanced, clear time of some champs was sick (3:25 maokai, someone?). Well, Don't know about not beign able to keep up in the late game. If junglers can lvl up like a solo lane, then I think it's fine.

maybe buff the scaling, but let the initial rewards as-is?

MungoSmoothie

11-29-2011

Glad you listened

Jedem Das Seine

11-29-2011

While I prefer the idea of reverting it, because it wasn't a problem in the first place except to you guys at Riot, who frankly aren't as in-touch with the game as much as tournament players who saw no issue, this is still good that you're accepting to change it. I'm interested to see how it turns out, but I hope if it doesn't turn out well once more maybe you'd consider just undoing it entirely.

Question, though - do you plan to do anything to make single-target junglers what they used to be; that is, just as viable as AoE junglers for different reasons? Because as it stands now, AoE is incredibly strong whereas people like Gangplank, Trundle, and Warwick suffer comparatively to Udyr or Skarner. As an avid jungler and someone who loves GP and Trundle, this was depressing to find out

Fiddle too, Fiddle is catastrophically weaker since every aspect of his jungling sucks with the new jungle (single-target nerf, high cost/low movespeed, ganks being less rewarding)

DemonSwordAshram

11-29-2011

One thing I dislike the most is how much double golems hurt, with reduced xp/gold they are by far the worst camp to start jungling from and they punish you with how strong they are by doing more damage than needed for a camp that is supposed to be much weaker than before the patch...

Ajaxijax

11-29-2011

Quote:
Being angry at least means you're passionate, and there can be progress. Apathy is worse.
Can't you accept a compliment? Surely you must have developed a liking to getting flamed on the forums by now.

APremonition

11-29-2011

Quote:
True. Apathy is the point where we switch over to DoTA 2. And God knows none of us want that.

Anger means we still care about this game.