Jungle updates inbound; see update here!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RandallFlagg00

11-29-2011

I still think that you could save sooo much time just reverting the jungle, but im glad you're working on it.

Ajaxijax

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Hey folks,

After letting the jungle settle for a day and not only reading the feedback on the forums, but watching streamers, discussing with high-level players, and running some additional internal testing and mathcraft, we will be making changes to the jungle, likely tomorrow.

What will be the scope of these changes, and what are we trying to fix?

* XP Rate: This isn't as smoothed out as we'd liked (or was intended) and has been the most noticeable problem in the new jungle. While we do think this is not as drastically far off as some believe, it is lower than intended. We'll likely make updates here, especially relating to small camps.

* Penalty of missed ganks: While we do like this tradeoff, we don't like the tradeoff ratio here, something you guys have also felt pretty substantially. Changes made will effect this for the better, whether in increased reward or reduced resource loss.

* Gold Rate: Jungler gold is slightly lower than needed, and this is also related to small camp gold. We will be more careful here as to not make counter-jungling worse (since it revolves largely on stealing the big monsters out of camps), but will be evaluating this.

Classick, Guinsoo and I will be doing some final proposals and mathcraft in the morning, in hopes to release it in a hotfix. I'll try to provide status updates as we get more information. Details to come.
To Morello, specifically:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1543127

this is a thread I started trying to get Riots attention. It got quickly ignored, so I will spare everyone from the big block of text, but I do want Rioters to see this.

Rebonack

11-29-2011

Heh.

Exactly as expected.

The core modification was aiming to make jungle ganks more of a risk to take pressure of lanes. But the punishment for missing a gank was a bit too high. Not an issue with the remake itself, but rather problems with fine tuning.

Thank you for being so quick to tweak the numbers Morello. If the forums were any indication the sky would start falling if you all don't move fast.

RAGGGGGGGGGGGGGE

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmgChaosRofl View Post
thank god took you long enough
Oh man, they're going to fix/revert the jungle after a whole single day. Man that's such a long time to wait; get over yourself you should be happy they at least took the time to watch/discuss/ask how people felt about and realized that it needs to be changed back.

Go play another game and see how long it takes for them to fix something that's broken and then maybe you'll see how fast Riot is to fix this.

Easzmode

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Because it's not about always fixing complaints, a lot of it is fixing underpinned problems that run system-deep. We're all used to the current systems, so we put up with any consequences of them as "knowns." Jungle is a piece of the lane passivity and jungle predictability issues, and a change in this direction allows more choice...well, when tuned properly

We do listen to what you guys say, but we can't take them down like orders at a diner wholesale. We have to both react to player requests and perform larger initiatives to make the game better as we all (players and devs) experience it more and learn more about it.
And when your game is no longer fun and we play something different b/c you didnt listen at least you learn a hard lesson. Sad tho.

TwchTvSlitelohel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

Dear Morello,

Your constant work and dedication to this game along with the countless other Riot employees is what makes me love this game and you all as developers. I just want you to know that myself and at least 5 others feel this way. You guys are good, your work and dedication are fantastic, and you suffer the fanaticism of this community.

Sincerely,
Slitthroat

PleasantMidness

11-29-2011

I just dont understand how you couldnt figure this out in one game of testing. The fact that at the 8:30 mark, the jungler is just hitting 6 while solo lanes could be pushing up to 8 or 9 never once happened?

BACKSTABUUU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

Good, the new jungle could work, possibly even be better than before, it's just gonna need quite a bit tweaking.

I'm glad you guys aren't waiting to change things around until next patch cycle.

beat my meat

11-29-2011

Thanks Morello
Please take a look into Renekton later.. us Renekton players are still waiting for his tweak! Or at least fix his glitched bloodfury skin's tongue in the bushes! Thanks, happy holidays!

DavidShepard

11-29-2011

Taking more time on the jungle means taking less time on other stuff...

Hopefully this ****-storm blows over real soon, cause it'd be nice to see some positive additions to the game instead of all these nerfs and hard-to-swallow changes.

I mean really... how much can this game change over the course of a couple months... =/