Jungle updates inbound; see update here!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jakob

11-29-2011

what are you doing to fix jungling on tt?

getting a mixed camp makes it viable. if you get a wraith camp, you fall behind. how will you fix that?

Thivus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
12-hour turnarounds are long?

wat is this i dont even
I thought it was riot's job to make us addicted to the game

Shosuko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepentantDread View Post
Easiest thing is to just revert it. That way you don't have to spend time fixing something that wasn't even broken to begin with.
I like the updates, reverting isn't really that great... Besides, even if the old system worked, change is good. Make things more interesting.

Also I like that it isn't as required to start on a blue buff. Many more champs are starting wolves or wraiths. My biggest concern is that even sustained junglers fall behind... and gank dependent ones.. fsk leave to gank, fail once and ur level 6 they are level 10, you'll never help a gank again <_<

I'm very glad they are adjusting the numbers though, it really sucked... I just quit jungling, took another support top, worked pretty well too <_<

Berken

11-29-2011

Morello, I can be the first one to say that I'm disappointed how this community has been treating this entire wholesome. Sadly, someone has to take the bullet. I DISAGREE, as jungling is BALANCED...you're giving an unreasonable buff.

I am a jungler as well... :\

Morello

Lead Designer

11-29-2011
4 of 59 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepentantDread View Post
If that's the case then fine, just please try to get the numbers fixed as soon as possible. But I really can't understand why it had to be changed in the first place, I mean hardly anyone complained about the jungle as it was.
Because it's not about always fixing complaints, a lot of it is fixing underpinned problems that run system-deep. We're all used to the current systems, so we put up with any consequences of them as "knowns." Jungle is a piece of the lane passivity and jungle predictability issues, and a change in this direction allows more choice...well, when tuned properly

We do listen to what you guys say, but we can't take them down like orders at a diner wholesale. We have to both react to player requests and perform larger initiatives to make the game better as we all (players and devs) experience it more and learn more about it.

HISTORY TEACHER

11-29-2011

Time to wait and see again. I don't mind the shift to the new jungle, or the concept, just really felt like the numbers were off. I'm sure they'll still seem slightly lackluster, but I have a feeling that lackluster feeling will be from being used to the previous jungle. Looking forward to the update, but am as cautious as ever about it.

rDean

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
12-hour turnarounds are long?

wat is this i dont even
yeah kinda when you have been telling us we are wrong all day then waht do you no...hotfix, the community will always win i dont care what levers you think u can pull

Morello

Lead Designer

11-29-2011
5 of 59 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhadow View Post
Morello, I can be the first one to say that I'm disappointed how this community has been treating this entire wholesome. Sadly, someone has to take the bullet. I DISAGREE, as jungling is BALANCED...you're giving an unreasonable buff.

I am a jungler as well... :\
I think it's MUCH less drastic than advertised, but I do think jungling is extremely sensitive to inefficiency. I just want to reduce that a little.

DrQton

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupremeBeam View Post
so, instead of leaving things the way they were, which was not an issue to the vast majority of people who mained jungle. you are now retroactively fixing a problem you created in an effort to fix a problem that didn't exist.

meanwhile, sustain remains the norm top, bot lane passive hasn't been touched, stealth champs still have no rework.

but jungle has to be the issue?

should i expect MORE downtime?
they mentioned this change was coming a LONG time ago. and its only a problem because of the things he stated in the op if they find a middle ground between this jungle and the old one and make it viable for people just starting the game to learn to jungle off the bat then everyone will see a much better play experience. (heres to hoping to see alot more junglers)

Esarius

11-29-2011

Wow, you know you ****ed up when you have to hot fix the jungle...