Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungle updates inbound; see update here!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

krozius

11-30-2011

hmmm, so hotfixes incoming, I know it could be diffucult to pinpoint, but roundabout ETA @Morello?

Ekrin

11-30-2011

Quote:
Morello:
Being angry at least means you're passionate, and there can be progress. Apathy is worse.

This....was a sick ass comment. Respect. Respect.

Synaptic

11-30-2011

I honestly would have just been happy with the xp buffs. That makes up for most of the missed gank penalty. Thanks for showing you guys care, even if it took a lot of unecessary whining to effect some change.

Scrymer

11-30-2011

Its funny how now everyone answers in good-mannered ways, when yesterday most of u were cretin an infinity of threads about the crappy jungle, and how Riots never listens, etc etc. Well done community.

deathcoilfeardot

11-30-2011

I feel like I didn't get time to fully evaluate the new-jungle. The time between release and tweaks looks like it'll be incredibly quick. Don't be too hasty, Morello/etc.

Digezz

11-30-2011

@Morello Thank you for contuining to follow up on the forum and not just OP and walk away.

v4v3nd3774

11-30-2011

Quote:
Morello:
Level 2 on red is superior, so I think that's just a different way of accomplishing the same thing. I'm actually not concerned about this as a developer or as a primary jungler.

Full-clear on 4 is not a goal, but may or may not happen. I think that's something we're used to that is less important to making sure junglers are good than making sure the XP rate and gank tradeoffs are right.

Lvl 2 red is not superior. It spawns 15seconds later, takes longer to kill and consumes more of your resources(HP/Mana). Lvl 2 off doublegolems or wolves + wraith smite means you can be lvl 2 ganking the lvl 1 lane just as creeps arrive top/bot or as creeps are dieing(prior to their 2) mid. You'll likely argue that having red while ganking is what makes it stronger, but you have to realize the champs that frequently lvl 2 gank don't neccessarily need red and simply need theier second skill as quickly as possible(eg. Lee Sin).

foogoo42

11-30-2011

Quote:
Morello:
Ya know, I will take a lot of heat for a lot of things with stride, but this is just...what? Seriously? We're not going to do everything you, personally, ask, but we react and listen to the community (and not just the forums, but multiple pieces) literally more than anyone. Just...wow. I don't see our community as a whole as over-entitled, but I do see this post as such.

It sounded more like he was commiserating with you. You have to deal with flaming and trolls, and so do many players in game. I didn't think he was expecting you to read player chat logs or whatever.

Shaidester

11-30-2011

What I don't understand is how these updates were approved after being in the making for months and being tested on your private servers. Whether or not you release a hotfix, the community will remember how poorly designed this new jungle was and how inconsistent it was with the old one. The community doesn't like all these changes to suddenly happen in the span of one month. They especially do not like an update as big as a rework to the jungle to fail as bad as it did. This update has received negative feedback on forums in just about every other topic posted in the general discussion.

Whatever changes are being proposed or being conducted today, I certainly hope you listen to your veteran players.

v4v3nd3774

11-30-2011

Quote:
Morello:
(Doing red is about 15-20 seconds faster than it used to be at level 2)

Oh heeeeeeyyyyyyy.

He's referring to the spawn time, not neccissarily the difficulty of the camp. Having to stand around 15seconds, then spend 5-10seconds killing something more = real possibility of missing your window of oppertunity.