Jungle updates inbound; see update here!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yaladilae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I'll say I'm at least used to it! Heh

Thick skin = requirement for this job, imo
I guess thick skin is required for alot of jobs out there.

But yea, great job on a fast turnaround

Amarathval

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2011

hotfix the jungle.... by Napalming it.

Rafadadz

Recruiter

11-29-2011

I hope with that update I can jungle again. I really want my jungle back ;-;

DO THIS FOR THE WHOLE COMMUNITY MORELLO

Arwan

11-29-2011

MOrello why dragon got buffed??? isnt that an indirect nerf to fids/mummy jungle ... doin drag at lvl 5 is almost imposible- with those champs.

IronChief

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RepentantDread View Post
Easiest thing is to just revert it. That way you don't have to spend time fixing something that wasn't even broken to begin with.
This. And the thing is you guys can't even give good reasoning as to why you changed it. The game isn't even all THAT passive. Games end about the same time as Starcraft games.. in an hour or less. You can't even counter-jungle anymore. I'd welcome being counter-jungled as opposed to playing the jungle in this patch. SO boring now.

And sorry, but this isn't an MMO. Catering to new or inexperienced players is a mistake. This is a strategy game and that's not your market here. All this game needs is an "easy to play hard to master" feel to it. You HAD this in the previous version of the game (without the jungle "revamp")

It's like you guys are confused about the direction you want to take this game into. You say you want a more "aggressive" game, and what do you do? Make the jungle a farm fest.. you nerf flash, AND you reduce the duration on wards (Cassiopeia patch) ? It's like you're trying to turn this into Dominion. Keep them separate games, please.

- A concerned player, IronChief

Jakob

11-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I'll ask Guinsoo what his thoughts are - he really holds a lot of the expertise on this.
thank you for being the first red to acknowledge the existence of jungling in tt today.

Morello

Lead Designer

11-29-2011
10 of 59 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amythir View Post
Morello, I don't know if you'll see this but I hope you do. More than anything, I am curious how all of your testers missed the fact that they were getting outleveled time and again? You said you had it live for a long time, so I am sure there were people who were doing it successfully. However, I am also sure there was a majority that were being underleveled and I am curious how they did not notice.
We did some adjustments towards the end, but they didn't have as much impact as we'd hoped.

Pwnd Ja

11-29-2011

DAMAGE CONTROL MODE ACTIVATED

It's funny how so many people called this and the only response we got was "You just don't like change."

It's even better that people were defending a clearly broken update. Sure is Riot defense force.

ALargeBear

11-29-2011

You guys purposely undershot the jungle so I wouldn't be tempted to play and would study for my exam tomorrow right?

I'm on to you guys.

Breaku

11-29-2011

I enjoy the new jungle. I have much more fun with it than the old one. I've been managing to keep up with mid lane with no issues. It did take a different set of runes/masteries though.

Oh well, in before jungler is highest level/most farmed now.