Guiding Light - A RivenXLux Fanfic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cerubois

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motajo View Post
The "Where have you been?" Lux says waaaaaaaay in the beginning takes on a new meaning! MY MIND HAS EXPLODED!
:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaasrainer View Post
Oh my god, I didn't even remember that. What other possible references have I missed? I need to re-read this story. All of it. Asap.
:3 :3 :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ratz View Post
That's my reaction in the beginning. Oh Ceru, how I hate/love you for this. How you hid it from us so well. How you describe things so clearly with a flow that somehow mimics reality in a fictional world. And your goddamn cliffhangers!! OMFG is riven going to die? And now this? Like seriously? And you know what... You take so goddamn long with your releases that.... We can clearly see your effort. We can see that the characters do have minds of their own and you can't really control them. And for all that I thank you. I thank you very much. I wish I wasn't on my phone for a better post... But work sucks.

I have a question though, a very serious one too. Have you ever considered publishing? Have other authors in this forum considered? It is more of a hobbie thing, and we have some fun sometimes( ex: game breaking) but I know that you and others put a lot of very hard work into your stories. Has anyone ever contacted riot about this? I can see the potential for sales during events like Pax..... Idk, just a crazy idea I guess. I know I wouldn't mind a hard copy of this and a few other stories...
Kitae has mentioned they're considering novels as an idea... If Riot offered to publish Guiding Light under them, I would probably accept, even if they made me put a disclaimer saying it isn't canon and all that. I did submit it to the Summoner Showcase about four months ago,with the release of chapter 10, but no luck there.

Best case scenario: They make it canon, publish it, and I make millions of dollars.
Worst case scenario: I get nothing, but I've written the most popular fanfiction for the most popular game in the world, as a hobby.
Either way, I'm rather happy with myself (and my ego ends up being through the roof as usual). :P

Xsouldier

11-19-2012

you crook you, now I have to wait for the next chapter and I want to know so badly. This story is just so good I cant stop reading and rereading it I wish riot would take a huge notice to your work.

Crankdawg

11-20-2012

Ch 13 was awesome! very well done.
I'm eagerly waiting future chapters but I understand you have your process so I will wait patiently.

Keep up the good work!

rajeetmalarkey

11-24-2012

You've inspired me to write something (well you and Gabriel Garcia Marquez) though it will probably be more disturbing.

Drakojan

11-27-2012

Bump for best fanfiction ever.

Drakojan

11-29-2012

Not on the first page anymore. Bump!

fbiguy

11-30-2012

This is phenomenal. Keep it up.

kittytoast

11-30-2012

Finally sat down and read this and was not disappoint! This is such a wonderful story and I can't wait to see what is in store for Riven!

PS: Now want to be in Irelia's lady pants.

Cerubois

11-30-2012

Hey guys. It's been a year since I posted the first chapter of Guiding Light. It's been great so far, and we're not too far from the end! (which feels rather surreal to me >.>)

I knew I wouldn't be able to finish the next chapter for today, so I drew up a spoiler summary for chapter 8 instead. All I had to do was change one letter to make the scene perfect for Riven and Lux's first anniversary. ^.^

http://imgur.com/yBFlr.jpg

Thanks for reading!

Commander Sabin

12-01-2012

You know that thing in movies or TV where the women's best friend would go absolutely insane after hearing that they are getting married, you know....throwing things in the air, running around the room with their hands waving in the air as they run around their home....

Men can do that to it seems....

I can't wait for the new chapter now!