Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Guiding Light - A RivenXLux Fanfic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grand Viper

01-22-2012

Except mine ='(

Jaykoboy

01-22-2012

He'll hit you next, don't worry.

Cerubois

01-22-2012

It's not a bad idea to find similar stories to find inspiration. I read all Riven fanfics myself. :P

Jaykoboy

01-22-2012

Ceru, I noticed something on the first page about getting emotional over your characters. Well...

I try not to let it happen. Because then you feel bad for making their lives miserable. You won't pull off the storyline just to spare them. When I attempted to write my own book (Made it to 584 pages before losing track) I actually let the characters get to know me as a narrator...or god. *shrugs*

I seem to gain mild levels of schizophrenia when I wrote that story...I could have valid arguments against myself, and just rage back and forth between myself and the character. He even won sometimes. 0.0

But I'm a bit off-track. Yes, getting emotional is normal. You snuff it out eventually, I promise.

Felza

01-22-2012

@Jaykoboy
****, you found me, now you even know my intensions! hmmm well I really just find ones that catch my attention aka Good ones. I m quite new here but I've popped my head around enough to see a few that really are thrilling™ and guiding™.

@Ceru
i wonder, How long have you been writing? I mean from you and Jaykoboy I feel like either emotions are kicking in or just straight out great skill. I m a sophomore High-schooler, extremely interested in writing.

Grand Viper

01-23-2012

I just found the bit about you makin' your characters sad. It's time to discover something about me: I love doing that to my characters. Not because I'm sadistic, not because I'm manically depressed but it's because of what you can do with it. The amount of themes messages you can convey by making your characters exhibit normally negative emotions is great! So a character is sad, how do others react to it? How do they react to others while in such a state? Inner thoughts? Inner turmoil? How do they express themselves?

Feeling bad for your characters can be a good thing. It can help convey certain emotions, even the holding back on it. "Oh ______ is sad, I don't want to do this to her." You could, but you could make another character carry that same emotive response in them and mold their personality around that feeling. If you can convey that and create a dynamic, then that can lead to more believable characters. I agree when you let it hinder you, and go "Oh I can't do this to them." If it helps the plot and the themes you want to portray? The development? Do ittttt.

TL; DR. Cut my life into pieces, this is my last resort. Suffocation, no breathing, don't give a #@!@ if I cut my arm bleeding, da na na na da na na na

Cerubois

01-23-2012

Quote:
Felza:
@Ceru
i wonder, How long have you been writing? I mean from you and Jaykoboy I feel like either emotions are kicking in or just straight out great skill. I m a sophomore High-schooler, extremely interested in writing.

I've been writing off and on as a hobby for about 8 years now. I say 'as a hobby' because I'm not counting the writing I've done for school work, which would date back to grade 1. :P
I'm not sure what sophomore represents (I'm too lazy to google it at the moment), but if it's around grade 10, then you're probably at the point where I started writing as well!
I know for a fact my writing wasn't that great back then (I remember hearing comments like "Well, it's okay for your first time&quot. But over the years, even while you're not writing, you'll improve. Experience, any experience is vital to writing. It all helps.

Quote:
Grand Viper:
Feeling bad for your characters can be a good thing.

Hummmm.

I know what you mean about it as a writer's POV. You can always find ways to make something more interesting by adding more emotion into it.
I just thought it was a little funny that it was possible to feel sad for an imaginary character while writing the event that's making them sad. I guess I've felt that way in the past but not really thought about it. I know I've felt that way while reading someone else's writing. But to make yourself feel that way when you've already got the entire thing planned out and you know it'll end up alright. It's weird. :P

Felza

01-25-2012

Btw, I have finally hit all three of you which now I will refer to as the GCJ (Grand CerJay).

sooo.... Cerubois..... WHY YOU NO POST MOAR FANFIC?!
(a mini outburst from your beloved #1 Fan)

Cerubois

01-25-2012

Quote:
Felza:
sooo.... Cerubois..... WHY YOU NO POST MOAR FANFIC?!
(a mini outburst from your beloved #1 Fan)

#1 fan? Hmm, you might need to have a fanbattle for that spot. Lunis (her post is on the first page, quite funny) is a good friend of mine, and has claimed it. :P
(well, technically she's claimed #1 fangirl, so if you're a guy, you can be the #1 fanboy?)

Chapter 4 is actually done. It's just oddly split between my pc and my laptop, and I've been away from home for a week. So once I get home tonight or tomorrow, I can put it all together, give it a quick edit, and then you guys will have it.

Ima go work on the spoiler summary in the meantime. I've got a good one planned for this one. :P

Edit: Should definitely be the CGJ, in my humble opinion.

Jaykoboy

01-25-2012

Ceru GrandJay? That doesn't work as well...how about the Jay GrandCeru? Nah...I think it worked best as Grand CeruJay.