Guiding Light - A RivenXLux Fanfic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Senstrae

01-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
You guys are so dirty.

It'd be Irelia feeling up Riven.

Wait... Are you guys even reading this?? I'm not writing that kind of manga! Geeez.
YOU TEASING JERK. I HOPE YOU DELIVER JUST TO SPITE OR SURPRISE US.
... Wait is that how this works? xD

Edit: But on a more serious note, I anxiously await the next chapter. Just because well... yeah I still ship Riven & Irelia. And I can patiently wait for a kiss, or even a bit of touching and feeling, as long as the plot is still as lovely as the first three chapters. I'm sure it will be as splendid as always when it's finished. :3

Eator de Souls

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2012

Gosh darn man. I read all three chapters this morning and it's been in my mind all day! Can't wait til' chapter 4. Gotta see how this goes. Keep up the good work!

Cerubois

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eator de Souls View Post
Gosh darn man. I read all three chapters this morning and it's been in my mind all day! Can't wait til' chapter 4. Gotta see how this goes. Keep up the good work!
If I've managed to have that effect on you, I'm very happy. It means I'm accomplishing my goal. I love those stories that you can't get out of your head. The ones that have a lasting feeling long after you've finished them.
I'm not one for moral stories or deep meanings, so this probably won't change your life in any way, but as long as it entertains, it's a success!

Thanks!

4zelvan

01-13-2012

I don't usually read fanfics (especially pairing ones) and I just ended on this thread by accident. But wow, I must say I really glad to gave your fic a try. The writing is good, followed by great exploration of the background and lore references. The flow and overall conversation seems believable too. I really enjoyed reading this. Looking forward to see the continuation.

BestKawls NA

01-16-2012

You can has +1

Grand Viper

01-19-2012

I gives you a positive uno mate. Can't wait for the next chapter!

Felza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-22-2012

@Ceru & jayko
I love both stories, equally. As a fellow Riven writer with poor writing skills I want to write a Fan Fic about her. there is only 1 problem I have stumbled on... her Brother. no this is not me fantasizing on Riven but when I first read her lore and judgement, I felt like she could really fit having a long-lost brother. Now here is my question, what would you name him?

Grand Viper

01-22-2012

@Felza

I always think of Riven's name being influenced by the Myst series. So something like Uru or Achenar, possibly even Atrus.

Or Atreus if you're a fan of the classics.

Cerubois

01-22-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felza View Post
@Ceru & jayko
I love both stories, equally. As a fellow Riven writer with poor writing skills I want to write a Fan Fic about her. there is only 1 problem I have stumbled on... her Brother. no this is not me fantasizing on Riven but when I first read her lore and judgement, I felt like she could really fit having a long-lost brother. Now here is my question, what would you name him?
That's an interesting thought... She probably would have a family still alive somewhere, so it would make sense that she might have a sibling. Now what sort of person s/he would be, that's completely up in the air. Her family could be anything from Noxian to Demacian. I recall seeing somewhere that she was abandoned and left in the care of the military, but I can't seem to find that now. Maybe I imagined it. But for my case, that's the point of view I'm taking. I doubt her family would even know or care who she was.

But for your story, let's say they did know. And they did care. Well that changes everything. The brother could be searching for her, or following in her footsteps without her even knowing. All sorts of things are possible. If you need advice, just let me know.
Writing skills come from several things. Age (in other words, life experience), reading, just straight old practice, the list goes on. You just need to keep working at it. It's not something you can master in a year.
As I mentioned, life experience helps, since you can draw on those experiences to make a more believable story. And reading other people's work can help you figure out what other people might experience, and bring more relatable circumstances in.
Just keep in mind that there isn't just one way to write. Everybody has their own style and quirks. You'll develop your own.

As for the name, Grand Viper might be onto something. I know the designers like to base some things in their champions off of other games, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to outsource names as well. To be honest, as someone who doesn't put too much value on a name, I'm terrible at coming up with names, so you may be asking the wrong person. :P

Jaykoboy

01-22-2012

Felza seems to be finding every Riven fanfic on the forums...