Guiding Light - A RivenXLux Fanfic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yousonerfed

07-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roayel View Post
Lol that is so random!!

However I love the idea of Lux trying to earn back Riven's trust through some big action
Random? It'd make total sense. Riven was part of the Noxian invasion of Ionia, and Varus wants to kill all those who were involved, especially the bigshots. Riven (back then) was a celebrated soldier, so she'd be high on his hitlist.

Shiny Shuppet

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roayel View Post
However I love the idea of Lux trying to earn back Riven's trust through some big action
Yeah, I'd love to see that as well. This is one of the dozens of ideas I've had in my head on how this could continue and also one of my favorite ones. Riven x Lux must happen

TheRattleCage

07-27-2012

My god. That was amazing.
I REALLY hope that you give us a total twist and this becomes Riven x Ire.
That pairing is absolutely perfect. And would definitely set this fan fic apart from the rest.
Riven x Ire is just so perfect, the characters mesh perfectly. And the interaction between the formal and relaxed Irelia and Riven seems to be much too perfect for Riven to be able to learn from and handle. And we definitely haven't heard the end of that yet.
It would make sense too that Riven didn't feel as much for Irelia at the beginning because there was a distraction in the way. A cold, ignorant, manipulative ***** of a distraction. I've really grown to despise Lux already. Although Riven and Irelia have always been my favorite characters, Lux used to be up there too but I really could see Lux doing something like that.
But this is your story.
As a f5ing every day from chapter one reader, and a reader expecting this to be Riven x Lux. I'm rooting for Irelia.
I'll continue f5ing to see where you take this.

Shiny Shuppet

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRattleCage View Post
A cold, ignorant, manipulative ***** of a distraction. I've really grown to despise Lux already.
Whoa there, she might be manipulative but I wouldn't call her cold or ignorant. Being as popular as she is (at least she mentioned so in the latest chapter, can't remember if she did so earlier as well) I can imagine her being used to getting everything she wants and no one judging her for it.

She probably thought Riven would be ok with her actions and that it would all be fine. People can still change and if she truly cares about Riven (hope she does) she will figure out a way to prove it. It is kinda saddening though that I seem to be in a minority here

Ariou

07-27-2012

Haha, there is quite the divide on who people are rooting for.

I wonder Ceru, where you expecting this? If not, how surprised are you?

TheRattleCage

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaasrainer View Post
Whoa there, she might be manipulative but I wouldn't call her cold or ignorant. Being as popular as she is (at least she mentioned so in the latest chapter, can't remember if she did so earlier as well) I can imagine her being used to getting everything she wants and no one judging her for it.

She probably thought Riven would be ok with her actions and that it would all be fine. People can still change and if she truly cares about Riven (hope she does) she will figure out a way to prove it. It is kinda saddening though that I seem to be in a minority here
I don't know. I don't see her thinking she'd be okay with it. Riven isn't at all experienced with emotions, Lux knew that.

Mirage Night

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariou View Post
Haha, there is quite the divide on who people are rooting for.

I wonder Ceru, where you expecting this? If not, how surprised are you?
***POSSIBLE SPOILER***

Very good question. and yes the readers definitely seem divided on this too. I agree that the lux x riven is a interesting idea, but though opposites do attract, these relationships in real life can be hard to keep up. While ire x riven is what I am rooting for, they seem to be very similar, though this could be hard to start (if their personalities make it hard to do so) they would have very common interests that would mesh very well and thus tend to stay together easier.

Shiny Shuppet

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage Night View Post
***POSSIBLE SPOILER***
What do you mean by this? Is it for people who haven't read the latest chapter yet or do you have some inside information on what's going to happen in the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirage Night View Post

Very good question. and yes the readers definitely seem divided on this too. I agree that the lux x riven is a interesting idea, but though opposites do attract, these relationships in real life can be hard to keep up. While ire x riven is what I am rooting for, they seem to be very similar, though this could be hard to start (if their personalities make it hard to do so) they would have very common interests that would mesh very well and thus tend to stay together easier.
I've been thinking about this and the similarities between Ire and Riven as well and it's probably the main reason I'm still hoping Lux and Riven get together. I also don't think we're going to get 5 chapters of Riven and Lux/Ire in a long term relationship so it kind of wouldn't make sense to base the decision on that. I would just be glad to have a happy ending with Riven/Lux and everyone could then think where they went from there if they want to.

This also reminds me of some movies I've seen and some books I've read, in a good sense. I don't remember any particular examples but the similarities must be there. The thing that sets this apart from the movies and books, though, is that reading this fanfic I don't know if I will get the ending I'd want or not. I've been thinking about this far too much already, I don't know if it's healthy anymore..

Yasako

07-27-2012

Lux is kinda broken, guys.
Therefore, emotionally naive.

Also, she does love Riven. Did you forget her line? "[...] we feel the same [...]"
She is genuinely in love with Riven and has no idea how to go about it, being a brainwashed Demacian spy. So she does it the only way she knows how.

Silver of Souls

07-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak556 View Post
Lux is kinda broken, guys.
Therefore, emotionally naive.

Also, she does love Riven. Did you forget her line? "[...] we feel the same [...]"
She is genuinely in love with Riven and has no idea how to go about it, being a brainwashed Demacian spy. So she does it the only way she knows how.
This ^