Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Guiding Light - A RivenXLux Fanfic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Senstrae

07-22-2012

Quote:
CipherX:
Whats you build? I have one that I like, but I feel it could be improved upon. if you don't wanna share thats np.

I might not be the person you were replying to but I often find the following works well for me, since Riven is my most played in ranked, and my top three champs in general. I see some people try to build lots of health and bruiser on her, but she has 5 AD ratios for a reason (including passive). The only time I go for health is if the team lacks a proper tank.

Initial: Boots 3 pots -or- Cloth Armor 5 pots
-> Ninja Tabi or Murc Treads ; I haven't built Lucidity, I suppose I could if the circumstances seemed right.

Core: Brutalizer, Bloodthirster
Common: Guardian Angel, Last Whisper, Hexdrinker -> Maw of Malmortis
Optional: Doran's Blade, Wriggle's Lantern, Phage -> Frozen Mallet, Quicksilver Sash, Early Heart of Gold -> Randuins, Warmogs, Atmas Impaler.

You can finish Brutalizer into a Ghostblade after everything else. The movement and attack speed bonus doesn't really mesh with Riven well, while the CDR, Damage, and Armor Pen from Brutalizer does.

=====

If you were talking about a Lux build, it's usually standard AP mid. Boots, Lucidity or Sorcs, Kages into eventual Deathfire, Deathcap, Void Staff. Whith Lichbane, Hourglass, Rod of Ages, Archangels as all optional.

/Hoping-I'm-being-informative

Loso

07-22-2012

Quote:
CipherX:
Whats you build? I have one that I like, but I feel it could be improved upon. if you don't wanna share thats np.

I know you didn't ask me but I hope you don't mind my input.

I usually start boots 3 against lanes that I know I can win trades in.

Cloth 5 is for laning against Renekton, Panth, Wukong, Kayle, Jayce, Fiora and Xin.

Next, I like going 2 Dorans Blades followed by Bilgewater Cutlass. Why Bilgewater? its a great mid game item that gives you BT (Lifesteal, AD) stats for 1200 less gold and a passive slow that makes it impossible for people to get away on you. (If you are against AP like Vlad/Kennen/Swain/Rumble, get Hexdrinker and then Bilgewater).

Merc treads are a must unless their team has 0 CC (Then get Tabi). (You can also get Tabi against heavy auto attackers like Jax, Fiora, Tryn. Just sell them later for Mercs IF your getting CC'd on your way to their carry).

After the Cutlass I usually go Brutalizer --> BT --> GA --> LW (Selling Dorans along the way).

Late Game I sell the Cutlass for a Randuins so I can dive and kill/zone their AD Carry out of the fight.

Side Note: I used to think that building Cutlass and Bruta delayed BT for too long but it makes Riven's mid game damage surprisingly strong.

Hope this helps.

I can help with building Lux too.... If you want it.

Roayel

07-23-2012

Well there ya go haha...

CipherX

07-23-2012

Quote:
AhLoso:
After the Cutlass I usually go Brutalizer --> BT --> GA --> LW (Selling Dorans along the way).

Thanks for your builds guys. I couldn't figure out what items your abbreviations meant in your explanation, namely "BT --> GA --> LW" I think the GA is guardian angel but if you could explain the others it would be much appreciated

Edit: OH! Last Whisper. ok got that, I still can't think what "BT" is.

Dorryza

07-23-2012

BT is bloodthirster. GA is Guardian Angel.

LW... I don't even know what that is....

-EDIT- it's Last Whisper. Jeez I'm dumb =__=

CipherX

07-23-2012

Thanks Dorryza! I'll be sure to try this build out in the future.

Loso

07-23-2012

Quote:
CipherX:
Thanks Dorryza! I'll be sure to try this build out in the future.

Ya sorry about all the abbreviations. It was late xD

Just to be sure:
BT = Bloodthirster
GA = Guardians Angel
LW = Last Whisper

Sorry lol

Yasako

07-23-2012

If your team already has a Randuin's, then I wouldn't get one. Get another Bloodthirster or a Maw of Malmortius instead - the extra AD increases your shield's value and if you do your Qs properly, you can take down the AD carry nearly instantly from completely outside the fray. QSS might be a decent replacement if the enemy team has a ton of cc, since that strategy is vulnerable to getting cced.

Jonizhere

07-23-2012

All of these riven builds, why do i feel like warmogs and frozen mallet as core items on riven such a waste now ;_;

Loso

07-23-2012

Quote:
mak556:
If your team already has a Randuin's, then I wouldn't get one. Get another Bloodthirster or a Maw of Malmortius instead - the extra AD increases your shield's value and if you do your Qs properly, you can take down the AD carry nearly instantly from completely outside the fray. QSS might be a decent replacement if the enemy team has a ton of cc, since that strategy is vulnerable to getting cced.

Thats true. But I find Merc's to be enough to mitigate any CC the enemy team has.

As for the Randuins thing, I still buy one even if our team already has one. I find the armor necessary to beat their AD carry in a fight. Also, you can't trust your teammates in solo queue. I've plenty of games where our tank/initiator with Randuins if off chasing the support while both of their carries are still up.