Guiding Light - A RivenXLux Fanfic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Senstrae

12-18-2011

I was anticipating chapter two for like a week, how wonderful it was to see the update today. =)

It's a nice story so far, and I'm glad to see that it's working itself out to be a longer story. Mysterious forces are at work, and love is in the air. I enjoy Riven's internal dialogue, it brings to light her confusion and frustration. While I agree with Pig Magus on shipping Riven and Irelia, this pair also seems to work out nicely. For a bit I thought the doctor was Shen, then... oh wait he's a summoner.

My only concern is that it's a really serious tone, though I feel I can't nitpick that as much because my writing does it too. Aside from that bit of teasing silliness at the end of the chapter anyway (meanie!) =P

Perhaps Lux can help break the tension - she'd definitely be the one to sling about some jokes to lighten the mood. Or you know have fun with the remaining cast, like Demacian karaoke or some woeful deception from Leblanc, or even small random events like Anivia having an eye out for Swain, Mundo's being horribly awkward, or other such nonsense.

I am curious though on how Riven would handle Ionians, since she invaded and all...

I eagerly await the next chapter. Thank you for sharing.

SnowyyPanda

12-18-2011

Gj love the new chapter.

Silver of Souls

12-18-2011

I love your writing style, this fic is great already~

Cerubois

12-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senstrae View Post
I was anticipating chapter two for like a week, how wonderful it was to see the update today. =)

It's a nice story so far, and I'm glad to see that it's working itself out to be a longer story. Mysterious forces are at work, and love is in the air. I enjoy Riven's internal dialogue, it brings to light her confusion and frustration. While I agree with Pig Magus on shipping Riven and Irelia, this pair also seems to work out nicely. For a bit I thought the doctor was Shen, then... oh wait he's a summoner.

My only concern is that it's a really serious tone, though I feel I can't nitpick that as much because my writing does it too. Aside from that bit of teasing silliness at the end of the chapter anyway (meanie!) =P

Perhaps Lux can help break the tension - she'd definitely be the one to sling about some jokes to lighten the mood. Or you know have fun with the remaining cast, like Demacian karaoke or some woeful deception from Leblanc, or even small random events like Anivia having an eye out for Swain, Mundo's being horribly awkward, or other such nonsense.

I am curious though on how Riven would handle Ionians, since she invaded and all...

I eagerly await the next chapter. Thank you for sharing.
Yes, I have a tendency to stray to the dark side of things. I'm afraid I won't be putting in much straight humour, as it just isn't the style I'm going for. Riven is just that type of character, and I'm focusing more on her. Lux will be a definitely positive moodswinger most of the time, so I hope that will bring about a much more lighthearted tone to it (and hopefully influence Riven a bit).

But I'll do my best to kill the serious mood with my spoiler summaries every now and then.

SnowyyPanda

12-20-2011

Btw I LOLed at Riven in the end of chapter 2. :3

Pig Magus

12-26-2011

Moar! <(>o<)>

Cerubois

12-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Magus View Post
Moar! <(>o<)>
Soon! But unfortunately you'll end up with a big cliffhanger. So you may be saying that again soon.

Cerubois

12-29-2011

Yikes! There's a lot more action on these forums now. But you know what'll help keep me on the first page for a bit?

Chapter 3.

Direct link:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7599936/3/Guiding_Light

Chapter 3 Spoiler Summary:

I actually made this chapter without including any other champions than Lux and Riven. Didn't even realize it. Cool.
Next one will be interesting though. It'll include a certain Ionian that people may or may not be hoping for... (and who barely missed the cut for this chapter, incidentally).

Pig Magus

12-30-2011

Love triangle?! <(OoO)>

...also...

MOAR! <(>o<)>

SoYummyAzn

12-30-2011

BUmp