Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Guiding Light - A RivenXLux Fanfic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cerubois

02-18-2012

Quote:
Grand Viper:
Cerubois, I don't mean to advertise my own stuff too much, but I managed to write up my last Udyr short story. It's the last one for a while, except in the big Riven fanfic, he's got another appearance or two.

I thought I'd let you know this harrowing fact since it was you who first revealed your love for Udyr, and if you want I could let the title drop for the next Udyr title I'm trying to organize for my next batch of short stories (I only have one in the works at the moment)

I'll read it after work.

But let the next one be a surprise. I like surprises. I don't like impatiently waiting. :P

Windy Panda

02-22-2012

Bump.

Eator de Souls

02-24-2012

Soooo, I couldn't help but notice that it's going to be a month since the last chapter soon. Every other day I am checking this thread in anticipation. xD Care to give some info on when we all can enjoy another chapter of this great fanfic?

Cerubois

02-24-2012

Quote:
Eator de Souls:
Soooo, I couldn't help but notice that it's going to be a month since the last chapter soon. Every other day I am checking this thread in anticipation. xD Care to give some info on when we all can enjoy another chapter of this great fanfic?

You mean you haven't been reading my updates? :O
I put my heart and soul into making sure those are just right and everything!

But, just so you don't have to check the first page and read the second post, I'll update here. :P

I do plan on finishing by the end of the month. Sorry it's been a bit longer of a wait this time. Technically, I'm still ahead of schedule, since I promised about 5000 words per month, and I'm guessing this chapter will end up at about 7000 (maybe more?). But I know the feeling of waiting for something I want (heck, even I'm looking forward to the next chapters), so I'll try to pick up the pace a bit. The ideas keep rolling in for this fanfic, and rest assured, I have no intentions of letting it fall into oblivion.

Cerubois

02-25-2012

On a side note, I've just done some math, and what I realized has completely caught me off guard.

It would seem Riven is 30 years old, or likely older (probably around 33). The Ionian War took place over 15 years ago. For some reason, I thought it was just 7 or 8 years. Huh.

I'll have to make some small changes in my plans, I think. I wish I knew Lux's age... But for now I'll just have to make it up to fit what I want. It'll still be reasonable. Don't worry. >.>

Grand Viper

02-25-2012

15 years? I have to ask, how does your math support that? I know the rematch itself is seven years after the first Ionian/Noxus match so that's seven years, where does the eight years come in?

I need to know this so I can do some of my own math for the ages of others

Cerubois

02-25-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=445921

According to this, which apparently is red-approved, the original invasion took place in 6 CLE, or somewhere around then.
Seven years after the invasion, the first match for Ionia is held.
Seven years after that, the rematch is held.
The current year (I believe) is 21 CLE.

Now, I'm assuming that Riven was at least 15 years old at the time she was deployed to the invasion. There is also the possibility that she didn't enter the war right at its beginning, which gives a bit of a leeway of a few years. But even at the very minimum, I wouldn't say she is younger than 27. Meanwhile, given her appearance, I also wouldn't put the maximum past 35 (unless her white hair is actually because of old age, haha, j/k). So I've rounded it to about 30.

Grand Viper

02-25-2012

This means almost everyone in Ionia is in their 30's...

Meanwhile it says for Irelia that she's young when she's inducted in the League, the same year as the rematch which makes it 20 CLE making. Lesse, I put her down as 22 with the Udyr vs Irelia story, making her approximately 8 years old when they invaded, and an eight year old led the placidum battle? Doesn't make sense, I originally made her around 14-15 which still doesn't make TOO much sense but hey makes more sense than an eight year old, which in turn would make her almost thirty years of age.

Not that I'm saying 30 years of age isn't young, but when someone uses the term "Youthful spark" in a character description that's usually applied to people younger than 30.Let's take Katarina as another example, let's say she's 17-18 at the time. 15 years later she's 32-33 years. I personally don't think she looks like a 30+ year old woman

The long and short of all this is essentially, I think the timeline really needs to have another looksee at the years or else we almost have a bunch of middle aged champions fighting. I'm personally going to do thus:

Current year:------------21 CLE
Ionia v Noxus ReM:---20 CLE
Ionia v Noxus M:-------13 CLE
Ionian War: -------------11 CLE

This is going to be the timeline for my story to help justify the ages of the champions and because 10 years is much more flexible than 15 years for writing. Riven was...let's say 17, 18 now she's 27, 28. Irelia was 14 when she led the battle of Placidum, was 16 when the first match happened, 23 when the Rematch happened (I'm going to have to fix the age in my UdyrvIrelia story) and is now 24. Riven is still older, I always planned her to be but now it's not like Irelia is 30 and Riven is 31-39 years of age =p.

Time to jot this down in my little note book!

P.S. I edited the little bit you caught, I totally didn't notice I repeated myself like a hoofadoof

Cerubois

02-25-2012

Quote:
Grand Viper:
The long and short of all this is essentially, I think the timeline really needs to have another looksee at the years or else we almost have a bunch of middle aged champions fighting. I'm personally going to do thus:

Current year:------------21 CLE
Ionia v Noxus ReM:---20 CLE
Ionia v Noxus M:-------13 CLE
Ionian War: -------------11 CLE

This is going to be the timeline for my story to help justify the ages of the champions and because 10 years is much more flexible than 15 years for writing. Riven was...let's say 17, 18 now she's 27, 28. Irelia was 14 when she led the battle of Placidum, was 16 when the first match happened, 23 when the Rematch happened (I'm going to have to fix the age in my UdyrvIrelia story) and is now 24. Riven is still older, I always planned her to be but now it's not like Irelia is 30 and Riven is 31-39 years of age =p.

I like where you're going with this. It may not be completely coinciding with the lore (or at least what we've seen so far, but how much do we really know?), but it makes sense to me. I too find it hard to believe that the champions are much older than they appear. I originally thought Riven to be about 24 and Lux about 20. But that's not gonna happen. I think I'll join your timeline in the interest of keeping things simple. I like the idea of having Riven at 27 or 28. I think I'll have to bump up Lux to 24 or 25. :P

Ryugi Kazamaru

02-25-2012

It could be possible that they use a different system for calculating years as well, and not the exact same system we use. Therefore, they could appear younger, but still have more years under their belt, so to speak.

So after some digging, I think the numbers I'll be using will be...

Current year - 21 CLE
Noxus v Ionia Rem. - 20 CLE
Ionian War - 13 CLE

Because I know Ionia wouldn't wait for a full two years before they tried to tell the Noxians in no small words to "GET OFF MY LAWN!"