Guiding Light - A RivenXLux Fanfic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PlazmaSugar

12-06-2011

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1314743

smells a bit fishy

Cerubois

12-06-2011

PlazmaSugar, I seriously hope you aren't accusing me of stealing an idea of yours. Because that would be pretty nonsensical. I'm pretty sure neither of us were the first to imagine Lux and Riven together. It took me a whole week after her release to realize the potential.

On a side note (doesn't really prove anything, since it's apparently three days after your thread, just thought you should know that I can do it too!):
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=1328501&highlight=riven+moe&page= 11

But really, I don't want to start a dumb argument. Welcome to the world of fanfiction. If you've imagined it, chances are someone else has before you!

Pig Magus

12-06-2011

I ship Riven/Irelia personally.

Jaykoboy

12-06-2011

Chartreuse.

Anyways, don't ship them, please. I love to play both of them just as much as you do, but honestly, I do not approve of their beign shipped, mainly because I'm into the Jarvan/Riven and Ezreal/Lux shippings.

It was great writing, though.

-Jaykoboy-

Cerubois

12-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Magus View Post
I ship Riven/Irelia personally.
Irelia will play her part.

I have plans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
Chartreuse.

Anyways, don't ship them, please. I love to play both of them just as much as you do, but honestly, I do not approve of their beign shipped, mainly because I'm into the Jarvan/Riven and Ezreal/Lux shippings.

It was great writing, though.

-Jaykoboy-
Jarvan/Riven and Ez/Lux? I can't see the compatibility in either of those. o.O
Jarvan would never date a Noxian, and I don't think Lux would find Ez very interesting, and vice-versa. Sure, they're both gifted, but that's about all they have in common. :/

I'm not sure what you mean by 'Chartreuse', but thank you for the compliment anyway.

Jaykoboy

12-07-2011

Sorry 'bout the Chartreuse. I just mess around with it. I AM half-troll, you know.

Jarvan/Riven because they both have mad skills, and there wouldn't be a problem between Jarvan and Riven because Riven has denounced Noxus. Riven actually has a very Demacian mind. And then, Lux is constantly trying to prove herself worthy of being an 'adult' in her brother's eyes. So, Ezreal is just the person to go to to fix that. What can be more grown-up than going on an expedition into the Kumungu Jungle? Not much else. And who says Ezreal wouldn't like her back? They're a perfect fit because they're oppsites; one is the bookie, the other is the explorer. Genius!

Cerubois

12-08-2011

I think we have different views on the champions, haha.

Jarvan... Well, like I said. I'm pretty sure all of Demacia would have a problem with the concept. Sure, that sounds like a good story idea, but it's pretty far-fetched, no matter how well you write it.
Riven admits she still loves Noxus in her judgement, which in my opinion makes me believe she still thinks of herself as Noxian. But since the Noxian army is becoming much more underhanded and merciless, she believes that she needs to change what she's fighting for, only she doesn't know what. And hence, she's lost. But I don't think she'd ever consider joining Demacia outright.
As for Lux, she doesn't have a goal at all, aside from convincing herself that she has one. I haven't read anywhere that she's trying to impress Garen. She's simply following him. She claims to be joining the League for Demacia, but she's lying to herself. As she says in a miserable state, "It's all I have left."

Those are my views. You'll see them expressed in my story.

Cerubois

12-16-2011

Bump to get back on first page!

(Don't hate me! I edited my update post too!)

Katárina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2011

I fully support this story! Riven n Lux are awesome and I can see a perfect ship for them... actually... im getting plot bunnys now

Cerubois

12-18-2011

Chapter 2 is up!
Link is up too!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7599936/2/Guiding_Light

Edit: I almost forgot a spoiler summary!

Spoiler: Summary of Chapter 2

Riven sighs 8 times.