Guiding Light - A RivenXLux Fanfic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cerubois

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetGatling View Post
I should say your series is what inspired me to start a fanfiction about Lee Sin and Sejuani, thank you for all your hard work. Your story is amazing.
o.O

I'm honoured.

*ahem*

Do not disappoint me. >:|

Felza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
Well, if it did involve actual rape (please don't let this turn into a terrible-wording debate)... I would've been much less happy about it, to say the least. I'm definitely not a fan of that.
I mean, Nocturne's personality is very distasteful to me in general, as I hate the idea that someone would hurt others for their own profit or joy (it's naive, I know, but it's just how I am). But knowing what he's like before going into the story, and then seeing that the author has captured the personality so well, and then even hoping that Nocturne will become a better 'person' out of this... it made me want to read more. As an author, he's succeeded well, and I don't think anyone should look down on that for any reason.

If you're looking for an open mind, well, this thread is one of the best bets on here, in my opinion. :P
I feel so indifferent from all of you guys. (how do people not see the romance in it!)

well by any means, we will wait for you Ceru, but you better live up to those standards :P

Crankdawg

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felza View Post
well by any means, we will wait for you Ceru, but you better live up to those standards :P
As in life, patience is usually rewarded with good things. Ceru is doing quite well. I don't normally read fic from any fandom but I got bored last week and stumbled upon this one. It is well written, the characters are believable, and everything seems to happen in a logical manner. All this is possible because Ceru has been taking time to make sure that all this is in place before the chapter is published. There is evidence of a planned (or at least semi-planned) story arch which allows you to work toward a goal point gradually instead of a jarring "Ok, they just met three paragraphs ago and now the going at it like rabbits". Relationships take time to build so it will take time to write one that is believable.

Ceru, you're doing a good job. Excited about the next chapter. Take your time.

Crankdawg

02-01-2012

btw, Ceru, are you a dude or a chick? would be most helpful if I knew which set of pronouns to use when talking about you.

Felza

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2012

@Crank
You..you.....you!!!! I feel so offended... oh wait nevermind, I m just overreacting.... i think..

Betting on Dude
why? the flow, wording, vocab usage and tone all points towards a dude type of writing.

Cerubois

02-01-2012

I was trying to come up with a clever way to say it, but all I got were confusing and weird things. So yeah. I'm a guy.

Anyway, thank you for the praise. There are schemes in play indeed. Sometimes in plain sight, sometimes hidden. It's fun for me to plant a clue or reference here and there and see if someone picks up on it. No one has mentioned anything yet, but somehow I think that's for the best. Wouldn't want you guys guessing the whole plot now, would I?

But I still wonder if anyone got the name of the town, or the joke about the easternmost chamber... Oh well.

Stofen

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
I was trying to come up with a clever way to say it, but all I got were confusing and weird things. So yeah. I'm a guy.

Anyway, thank you for the praise. There are schemes in play indeed. Sometimes in plain sight, sometimes hidden. It's fun for me to plant a clue or reference here and there and see if someone picks up on it. No one has mentioned anything yet, but somehow I think that's for the best. Wouldn't want you guys guessing the whole plot now, would I?

But I still wonder if anyone got the name of the town, or the joke about the easternmost chamber... Oh well.
Let me guess; it's either where they keep Brand, Fid, etc. OR that's where Ahri lives.

Crankdawg

02-01-2012

I did catch the reference to Fiddle's chamber

Lunis

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felza View Post
[snip]

Betting on Dude
why? the flow, wording, vocab usage and tone all points towards a dude type of writing.
I'm curious as to what your basis of reference is for this...

Felza

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunis View Post
I'm curious as to what your basis of reference is for this...
Personal experience
I read lots and lots of short stories and usually one will be unable to change their style of writing which makes it seem obvious after reading it that the writer is a guy/girl.

Its really just a feeling, thats it.