Guiding Light - A RivenXLux Fanfic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cerubois

04-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyowyn View Post
I totally friend requested someone named Cerubois on the US servers.
Hopefully it was you.
Well of course, silly. Summoner names are the same as forum names. :P

AerithRayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-12-2013

So, uh... this is getting too close to the bottom of the page...

FiM DitzyDoo

04-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AerithRayne View Post
So, uh... this is getting too close to the bottom of the page...
Outrageous! Truly, truly, truly outrageous.

In order to cover up this bumb, have a Riven:

Eyowyn

04-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
Well of course, silly. Summoner names are the same as forum names. :P
It was extremely fun RPing with you and Viper and Ratz.

"Feel the fires of my belief!"

Cerubois

04-12-2013

Lore changes are making me depressed. And worried. I think I need to finish this before Riot destroys Runeterra. I might get incredibly demotivated otherwise...

Suffice to say that my chances of getting Guiding Light recognized in any way other than fanfiction are becoming null. It's kind of... deflating, considering I spent so long trying to be accurate to the lore, only to have it shift out of control.

After Freljord, what's next? Will the Ionian War be erased? Will Riven be part of the Noxian military again? Will Lux lose her personality, becoming just another dedicated soldier? Nothing is safe anymore...

TAScientist

04-13-2013

Guiding Light will always be canon in my heart

saladeo

04-13-2013

Forever...

Motajo

04-13-2013

Whomever said the lore was dead is half right. It was mutilated in its grave and raised as a zombie Urgot would fear. Just keep the story going how you wanted it; to hell with these changes.

Also, Kitae appears to be going along with the crack pairing of Ez and Lux. (I hated that notion before Guiding Light, though your story certainly helped) All the more reason to pretend she hasn't ruined stuff

FiM DitzyDoo

04-13-2013

Well, at least the Noxus vs Ionia match will remain, so I guess the Ionian War happned aswell.

Personally, I'm for Ez x Taric, but I can see where Ex x Lux is comming from. Both are pretty daring, younng (allmost childish at times) and pretty optimistic.

AerithRayne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerubois View Post
Lore changes are making me depressed. And worried. I think I need to finish this before Riot destroys Runeterra. I might get incredibly demotivated otherwise...

Suffice to say that my chances of getting Guiding Light recognized in any way other than fanfiction are becoming null. It's kind of... deflating, considering I spent so long trying to be accurate to the lore, only to have it shift out of control.

After Freljord, what's next? Will the Ionian War be erased? Will Riven be part of the Noxian military again? Will Lux lose her personality, becoming just another dedicated soldier? Nothing is safe anymore...
I think you hit it right on the dot. "What's next?" With so many changes to Freljord, I'm terrified when the other city-states will come under the spotlight... >.<

Stay strong and finished your story as is. There is no reason to re-write everything or give up this project because of the pending changes. It sucks, but you shouldn't be punished for putting in over a year's worth of effort into this story. Complete the remaining chapters as if nothing changed. You're not ignoring the new lore. You are aiming for consistency. Suddenly changing all your chapters/story would be ludicrous. After the story's completed, you can "adopt" the new lore (and sneer, of course), but you won't be a stubborn fool for wanting to hold on a little longer.

You can do this <3